Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user Post 302894808 by blackrageous on Thursday 27th of March 2014 11:12:23 AM
Old 03-27-2014
Many installations will do something like this to collect users history...
Code:
http://www.adeptus-mechanicus.com/codex/histsys/histsys.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date/Time in history command

Hi, Can we display the Date/time stamp in history command Ex: $history output ----------- vi pr.sh ksh -x pr.sh ksh -n pr.sh nhoup ksh pr.sh & nohup ksh pr.sh & i want the output like this Tue Mar 14 17:18:57 GMT 2006 vi pr.sh HOSTNAME is it possible sir ???? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

last login date and time for all users

I need a command that will list all the users and their last login date & time. I was trying the last command and the who command, but can't get exactly what I need. I just need the output to be user name and last login date . Thanks for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to enforce users not to modify their command history.

As a system administrator. sometimes we see the users are trying some commands dangerous for the system health and remove them from their individual coomand history file. How it is possible to enforce that the normal usres will will not be able to modify the history. Thanks in advance. Partha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: partha_bhunia
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date, time, users

i need to find out following ways to show out put in a shell script when the user selects that option in a case statement. I have the case statement already started just need to find out how to read the following: current date and time (should it be read date)? users logged in (should it be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vthokiefan
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tracking users through history command

Hi folks, I have the basic query that there are 3 unix boxes having their individual access now in my team there are 4 members who are using the same credentials to access those 3 boxes through putty ssh from their windows desktop , now if i want to check which 4 members have executed the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code: archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

History of command by date

hi unix expert how can i see the history of command that i entered in past? history (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)