Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't connect through ssh socks proxy to certain sites Post 302894594 by postcd on Wednesday 26th of March 2014 10:02:29 AM
Old 03-26-2014
Can't connect through ssh socks proxy to certain sites

Hello, i setup an open socks proxy on my remote vps:

Code:
ssh -f -N -D 0.0.0.0:1080 localhost

and then allowed only connections from IP of my home computer

Code:
iptables -A INPUT --src myhomeip -p tcp --dport 1080 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 1080 -j REJECT

but it appears that im failing to connect at least 2 swebsites,

one is

site:8888 (this is my server, hosts.deny dont contain my ip)

and second one

site:2087

these are web control panels

can i anyhow veriffy what is happenning on my vps logs? which log file? (i have RHEL)

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need a stable proxy server or free ssh account to visit blocked sites, who can help?

In our country, blogspot.com, twitter.com facebook.com....and more excellent sites are blocked by the Goverment FireWall, who can help me ? thanks a lot for your kind. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuke
2 Replies

2. Linux

some sites are loading very slow on my centos proxy server

Hello everyone, I've installed squid proxy server in Linux centos machine for users.actually problem is when users browse some websites eg : WordPress.org, gravatar.com it loads very slow compare to others sites .my line is 4mbps and only 6 users for it.I've bypassed squid for myself via... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: afybiz
3 Replies

3. Web Development

Http connect to proxy to websockets

I am having a hard time with this one. We have a websocket server listening on port 80 at myserver.com/wsDemo?ID=12. We need to test a client program by connecting it to this server through a proxy. I am trying nginx 1.2.7 as the proxy on port 8080, running on proxy-server. We want the client to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Proxy socks tester issue

I have a list of ip socks / port(eg: 192.168.0.1 80). I would like to write a bash to test automatically these addresses in a loop with firefox. The problem is that firefox process stays alive even when firefox does not work because of wrong network settings. So I want to kill the process when the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arpagon
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SOCKS proxy & PAM configuration exposure

I've got a problem with a proxy configuration. We have an LDAP group that lists all users who are authorised to use the proxy to FTP (usually Filezilla) out to the world, and by implication those not in the group should be denied. My users are delighted that this has been enabled and those that... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
9 Replies

6. Proxy Server

Httpd proxy on AIX: failed to connect SSL

Hi, I am trying to migrate a quite old proxy server with Apache httpd, running on AIX The scenario is that my server accepts connections on http and proxies them to an SSL backend. This is done in a ProxyPass statement, as follows: ProxyPass /myservice/my-ws... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trifo75
1 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(1) 						  iptables 1.4.21						   IPTABLES-XML(1)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) iptables 1.4.21 IPTABLES-XML(1)