Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identify Color and send email with same color Post 302894530 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 26th of March 2014 01:39:33 AM
Old 03-26-2014
The attached updated version should work. It does use multi-byte characters and some awk implementations may not like this, I've only tested with GNU awk.

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 03-26-2014 at 02:12 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail with font color change

Hi All, I have a file that contains following entries. I want to highlight the line that has word as "FAILURE" while sending the email. File ------------------------------------------------------------ Job Name: ABC Start Time: 07/20/2019 07:32:39 End Time: 07/20/2019... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
4 Replies
SHTOOL-TABLE.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					       SHTOOL-TABLE.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-table - GNU shtool pretty-print a field-separated list SYNOPSIS
shtool table [-F|--field-sep sep] [-w|--width width] [-c|--columns cols] [-s|--strip strip] strsepstr... DESCRIPTION
This pretty-prints a list of strings as a table. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -F, --field-sep sep Separate columns using sep. Default is ":". -w, --width width Width of each column. Default is 15 characters. -c, --columns cols Number of columns. Default is 3. -s, --strip strip Strip off any characters past strip. Default is 79. EXAMPLE
# shell script shtool table -F , -w 5 -c 4 "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12" HISTORY
The GNU shtool table command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1999 for GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), tr(1), fmt(1), sh(1), awk(1), sed(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-TABLE.TMP(1)