Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rename files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rename files Post 302894147 by Jomeaide on Monday 24th of March 2014 06:21:04 AM
Old 03-24-2014
Rename files

I am getting some files with this mask:

aaaa_SP_bbb.txt
aaaa_FX_bbbb.txt
aaaabbbb.txt

I want to rename the files containing:

_SP_ -> Rename - >> fileSP.TXT
_FX_ -> Rename - >> fileFX.txt

and other file that does not contain these words rename them:

filenamexx.txt

as I can do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename files

hey all, I have files in the format of ABCD20061101 and ABCDEF20061101 in one directory, I would like to change all ABCD20061101 to ABCDEF20061101 and the problem is if I do a simple pattern match of ABCD, then those ABCDEF20061101 would also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename files help

Hi, I've already search for this issue but I found different scripts for rename files, but I don't know how to customize it for my needs. Here's what I want to do: I have a lot of files inside many directories, like this: /aa/01.txt /aa/02.txt /ab/01.txt /ab/02.txt I want all those files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files

Hello, I've a list of file like this img_001 img_22 img_44 and I would rename all with this form photo_0001 photo_0002 photo_0003 photo_0004 suggestions?Thanks to all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv313x
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename many files

Hi all I have files in the following format: 01_anote1.pdf 01_bnote1.pdf 01_control1.pdf 01_ethics1.pdf 01_invoice1.pdf 01_invoice_21.pdf 20_quote_l1.pdf I need to rename them to 01_anote.pdf 01_bnote.pdf 01_control.pdf 01_ethics.pdf 01_invoice.pdf (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmatlebyane
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files

Hi, I wanna rename bunch of files which has ":" to -. ie. rename file named file1:file1 to file1-file1. any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxaddict7
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename files Ax based on strings found in files Bx

Hi, I'm not very experienced in shell scripting and that's probably why I came across the following problem: I do have several hundred pairs of text files (PF00x.spl and PF00x.shd) where the first file (PF00x.spl) needs to be renamed according a string that is included in the second file... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: inCH
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename files

Hi Guys, I have to rename about 180 files in different folders in linux. For example, abc_110117.txt eff_110117.txt zzz_110117.txt After renaming the files, these files should like like abc.txt eff.txt zzz.txt I created a small script to rename the files like ls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all .sh files to .pl

I have various .sh and .pl files in one directory. I want to rename all the .sh files to .pl i.e testscript.sh --> testscript.pl I am trying to use mv *.sh *.pl It doesnt work though!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjones
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unzip files and Rename the Output-files

Hi all, I have a many folders with zipped files in them. The zipped files are txt files from different folders. The txt files have the same names. If i try to find . -type f -name "*.zip" -exec cp -R {} /myhome/ZIP \; it fails since the ZIP files from different folders have the same names and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmkenya
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies
X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)

NAME
x2sys_merge - Merge an updated COEs tables SYNOPSIS
x2sys_merge -Amain_COElist.d -Mnew_COElist.d DESCRIPTION
x2sys_merge will read two crossovers data base and output the contents of the main one updated with the COEs in the second one. The second file should only contain updated COEs relatively to the first one. That is, it MUST NOT contain any new two tracks intersections (This point is NOT checked in the code). This program is useful when, for any good reason like file editing NAV correction or whatever, one had to recompute only the COEs between the edited files and the rest of the database. -A Specify the file main_COElist.d with the main crossover error data base. -M Specify the file new_COElist.d with the newly computed crossover error data base. OPTIONS
No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. EXAMPLES To update the main COE_data.txt with the new COEs estimations saved in the smaller COE_fresh.txt, try x2sys_merge -ACOE_data.txt -MCOE_fresh.txt > COE_updated.txt SEE ALSO
x2sys_binlist(1), x2sys_cross(1), x2sys_datalist(1), x2sys_get(1), x2sys_init(1), x2sys_list(1), x2sys_put(1), x2sys_report(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)