Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Centos upgrade
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Centos upgrade Post 302893992 by johnchristy on Sunday 23rd of March 2014 01:14:24 AM
Old 03-23-2014
Sorry that was a typo. I wanted to upgrade to 6 anf above but many forums suggested it is not recommended to upgrade. Is that true?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Centos commands: Yum Upgrade versus Yum update

Hi, I would like to know the difference between YUM UPDATE and YUM UPGRADE. The man pages say upgrade is same as update with the obsolete option. And by default it says the obsolete option is turned on, which would make them equivalent. Does not say what obsolete does. Can someone please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

CentOS Upgrade from 6.4 to 6.5 no updates

I did an upgrade on Jan 3,2014 from CentOS 6.4 to 6.5 and noticed that there hasnt been any updates since then Jan 03 11:45:05 Updated: 12:dhcp-common-4.1.1-38.P1.el6.centos.i686 Jan 03 11:45:06 Updated: hwdata-0.233-9.1.el6.noarch Jan 03 11:45:11 Updated:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
4 Replies
relup(5)							       Files								  relup(5)

NAME
relup - Release upgrade file DESCRIPTION
The release upgrade file describes how a release is upgraded in a running system. This file is automatically generated by systools:make_relup/3,4 , using a release resource file ( .rel ), application resource files ( .app ) and application upgrade files ( .appup ) as input. FILE SYNTAX
In a target system, the release upgrade file should be located in the OTP_ROOT/erts-EVsn/Vsn directory. The relup file contains one single Erlang term, which defines the instructions used to upgrade the release. The file has the following syn- tax: {Vsn, [{UpFromVsn, Descr, Instructions}, ...], [{DownToVsn, Descr, Instructions}, ...]}. * Vsn = string() is the current version of the release. * UpFromVsn = string() is an earlier version of the release to upgrade from. * Descr = term() is a user defined parameter passed from the systools:make_relup/3,4 function. It will be used in the return value of release_handler:install_release/1,2 . * Instructions is a list of low-level release upgrade instructions, see appup(5) . It consists of the release upgrade instructions from the respective application upgrade files (high-level instructions are translated to low-level instructions), in the same order as in the start script. * DownToVsn = string() is an earlier version of the release to downgrade to. When upgrading from UpFromVsn with release_handler:install_release/1,2 , there does not have to be an exact match of versions, but UpFromVsn can be a sub-string of the current release version. SEE ALSO
app(5), appup(5), rel(5), release_handler(3erl), systools(3erl) Ericsson AB sasl 2.1.9.3 relup(5)