Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Install and configure ntp rpm on Ubuntu 13.10 version Post 302892854 by Peasant on Saturday 15th of March 2014 02:21:29 AM
Old 03-15-2014
Check out this document :
https://help.ubuntu.com/13.10/serverguide/NTP.html

Ubuntu as it's a Debian derivative does not use rpm, but deb packages.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to configure NTP in Solaris/Windows/Linux environment...???

Hi, Can someone let me know the detail procedure for configuring NTP in Solaris/Windows/Linux environment....??? I would like to use any NTP Server on Windows Server & rest of the systems running with Solaris 10/9 & Linux be as NTP Client. All NTP Client should take the time from NTP Server... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
8 Replies

2. SuSE

How to install .src.rpm ? ( source rpm )

Hi, I have got few RPM's from rpmfind.net ( mainly gcc ). But it seems to be src files instead of the image. so I think we have to build the src files according to target machine using rpmbuild. Can any one help me with 1) Various options of rpm build that have to be taken care 2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to view NTP version?

Hi there, How do I find out the version of NTP which is running in my Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 machine. Any help related to this is very much appreciable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skmdu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Cannot configure NTP client

Hi, I am trying to configure NTP client on my Solaris server, but I am getting error like: Jan 13 10:53:33 SPOTS ntpdate: no server suitable for synchronization foundMy ntp.conf file: bash-3.00# pwd /etc/inet bash-3.00# bash-3.00# bash-3.00# cat ntp.conf # ident "@(#)ntp.client... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

6. AIX

Configure one host against two ntp servers for redundancy

Dears all is it possible to have two NTP servers in one host ? how i can configure them . please advice (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

RedHat version in rpm spec files

Hi In opensuse we have this nice version control variable I use much when designing rpm spec files: rpm --showrc | grep suse_version %if 0%{?suse_version} > 0 && 0%{?suse_version} < 1700 -14: suse_version 1140But I do not find anything close to this in rhel/centos The only way... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mortenb
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Configure RPM

Hi..i need to install package (*.rpm) on RHEL 6.2 . I have those patches available in RPM disc. When i try using below command rpm -ivh <package name> it give me following error no key warning:user mockbuild does not exist - using root warning:group mockbuild does not exist - using root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deljatt
3 Replies

9. Linux

Configure ntp server and Linux in oel 5.9

i want to configure machine1 as ntp server. this machine has oel 5.9 64 bit installed and this machine is not connected to internet neither there is any ntp server. there is another machine2 and i want to configure that as ntp client. plz do tell me that what lines do i add in /etc/ntp.conf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to install older package version on Ubuntu 18.04?

Hello, I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 and I would like to install libboost-python version 1.46. Currently I have installed version 1.65: wakatana@local-machine:~$ dpkg -l | grep libboost-python ii libboost-python-dev 1.65.1.0ubuntu1 amd64 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakatana
1 Replies
ntp-wait(1)							   User Commands						       ntp-wait(1)

NAME
ntp-wait - Wait for ntpd to stabilize the system clock SYNOPSIS
ntp-wait [-flags] [-flag [value]] [--option-name[[=| ]value]] All arguments must be options. DESCRIPTION
ntp-wait will send at most num-tries queries to ntpd(8), sleeping for secs-between-tries after each status return that says ntpd(8) has not yet produced a synchronized and stable system clock. ntp-wait will do this quietly, unless the -v flag is provided. This can be useful at boot time, to delay the boot sequence until after ntpd -g has set the time. OPTIONS
-n number, --tries=number Number of times to check ntpd. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The default number for this option is: 100 The maximum number of times we will check ntpd to see if it has been able to synchronize and stabilize the system clock. -s secs-between-tries, --sleep=secs-between-tries How long to sleep between tries. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The default secs-between-tries for this option is: 6 We will sleep for secs-between-tries after each query of ntpd that returns "the time is not yet stable". -v, --verbose Be verbose. By default, ntp-wait is silent. With this option, ntp-wait will provide status information. -?, --help Display usage information and exit. -!, --more-help Pass the extended usage information through a pager. -v [{v|c|n --version [{v|c|n}]}] Output version of program and exit. The default mode is `v', a simple version. The `c' mode will print copyright information and `n' will print the full copyright notice. EXIT STATUS
One of the following exit values will be returned: 0 (EXIT_SUCCESS) Successful program execution. 1 (EXIT_FAILURE) The operation failed or the command syntax was not valid. 70 (EX_SOFTWARE) libopts had an internal operational error. Please report it to autogen-users@lists.sourceforge.net. Thank you. AUTHORS
Harlan Stenn NOTES
This document corresponds to version 4.2.8p13 of NTP. This manual page was AutoGen-erated from the ntp-wait option definitions. ntp (4.2.8p13) 20 Feb 2019 ntp-wait(1)