Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generating summary data (use awk?) Post 302892771 by Michael Stora on Friday 14th of March 2014 12:55:12 PM
Old 03-14-2014
I've already added a mean demand column and will be adding a standard deviation column soon. I'm going to concatenate values to the array element and the split and loop over them in the END block to calculate standard deviation.

Mike

Last edited by Michael Stora; 03-14-2014 at 03:27 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating data for 1 hour

Hi Folks, The reqirement is that i need to generate 1 hr file with a time interval of five minutes.. For ex: my i/p is 0000-0000 and desired o/p is 0000-0005 0005-0010 0010-0015 0015-0020 0020-0025 0025-0030 0030-0035 0040-0045 0050-0055 0055-0100 Script neede urgent ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating reports based on time field of network data

hi i have data extracted in the following format ranging around 300000 to 800000 records in a text file , the format is of network data . No. Time Source Destination Protocol 1 1998-06-05 17:20:23.569905 HP_61:aa:c9 HP_61:aa:c9 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: renukaprasadb
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summary using awk

Displaying information using awk Hey guys, i am using awk to display my information in a certain order. Database : Persia:42:John France:50:Mabel Persia:50:Rach Germany:60:JohnMy expected output is : ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
25 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help generating a script for next-generation sequencing data

I am not sure if this is entirely possible, but I want to compare data in a particular column in several .txt files and have a new file generated. I am a biologist with limited unix knowledge. There are currently no programs written for this type of analysis. First I would like to define the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kellywilliams
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generating 512MB file with dd using random data

Hello. Could anyone help me with my little annoying problem? I have to generate a 512 MB file made up with random data using DD. After some internet digging I found out that the command is: dd if=/dev/urandom of=/exemple/file bs=512MB After running this command the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: razolo13
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating CSV from Column data

Hi List, I have a chunk of data like so: User Account Control: User Account Control: User Account Control: User Account Control: Disabled User Account Control: User Account Control: User Account Control: Disabled User Account Control: User Account Control: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to handle commas inside the data when generating a csv file from shell script?

I am extracting data via sql query and some of the data has commas. Output File must be csv and I cannot update the data in the db (as it is used by other application). Example table FavoriteThings Person VARCHAR2(25), Favorite VARCHAR2(100) Sample Data Greta rain drop on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patk625
12 Replies
funcolumnlookup(3)						SAORD Documentation						funcolumnlookup(3)

NAME
FunColumnLookup - lookup a Funtools column SYNOPSIS
#include <funtools.h> int FunColumnLookup(Fun fun, char *s, int which, char **name, int *type, int *mode, int *offset, int *n, int *width) DESCRIPTION
The FunColumnLookup() routine returns information about a named (or indexed) column. The first argument is the Fun handle associated with this set of columns. The second argument is the name of the column to look up. If the name argument is NULL, the argument that follows is the zero-based index into the column array of the column for which information should be returned. The next argument is a pointer to a char *, which will contain the name of the column. The arguments that follow are the addresses of int values into which the following information will be returned: o type: data type of column: o A: ASCII characters o B: unsigned 8-bit char o I: signed 16-bit int o U: unsigned 16-bit int (not standard FITS) o J: signed 32-bit int o V: unsigned 32-bit int (not standard FITS) o E: 32-bit float o D: 64-bit float o mode: bit flag status of column, including: o COL_ACTIVE 1 is column activated? o COL_IBUF 2 is column in the raw input data? o COL_PTR 4 is column a pointer to an array? o COL_READ 010 is read mode selected? o COL_WRITE 020 is write mode selected? o COL_REPLACEME 040 is this column being replaced by user data? o offset: byte offset in struct o n: number of elements (i.e. size of vector) in this column o width: size in bytes of this column If the named column exists, the routine returns a positive integer, otherwise zero is returned. (The positive integer is the index+1 into the column array where this column was located.) If NULL is passed as the return address of one (or more) of these values, no data is passed back for that information. For example: if( !FunColumnLookup(fun, "phas", 0, NULL NULL, NULL, NULL, &npha, NULL) ) gerror(stderr, "can't find phas column "); only returns information about the size of the phas vector. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funcolumnlookup(3)