Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Cluster Failover based on scan rate Post 302892690 by hergp on Friday 14th of March 2014 05:54:33 AM
Old 03-14-2014
This should work if you add a resource of type SUNW.gds to the resource group. Create a shell script which checks for acceptable scan rates. Let the script return 0, if scan rate is ok and 1 otherwise. Then set this script as Probe_command of the resource. If scan rate is too high, the resource will "fail" and trigger a cluster switch of the resource group.

We don't have any running solaris cluster here any more, so I cannot verify this procedure. You should try it on a test machine first.
This User Gave Thanks to hergp For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

sun Cluster resource group cant failover

I have rcently setup a 4 node cluster running sun cluster 3.2 and I have installed 4 zones on each node. when installing the zones I had to install the zone on all nodes the on the last node do a zlogin -C <zonename> this worked ok. theni I tried to siwitch the zone to node a thei work... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesliek
14 Replies

2. HP-UX

ServiceGuard cluster & volume group failover

I have a 2-node ServiceGuard cluster. One of the cluster packages has a volume group assigned to it. When I fail the package over to the other node, the volume group does not come up automatically on the other node. I have to manually do a "vgchange -a y vgname" on the node before the package... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wotan31
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Cluster 3.1 failover

Hi, We have two sun SPARC server in Clustered (Sun Cluster 3.1). For some reason, System 1 failed over to System 2. Where can I find the logs which could tell me the reason for this failover? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
5 Replies

4. Gentoo

How to failover the cluster ?

How to failover the cluster ? GNU/Linux By which command, My Linux version 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux What are the prerequisites we need to take while failover ? if any Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
3 Replies

5. AIX

Scan Rate

Hello, How can i tell ifthe ratio between fr and sr is ok? is fr/sr ratio of 0.9 acceptable? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Scan Rate threshold

Hi Guys, The management is being frisky about scan rate in the range of a few thousands ( 4 digit scan rates occasionally). After much research ive concluded that its ok to have high scan rates , unless it leads to swapping/ it falls above 1:4 ratio with free rate (fr:sr) My question is:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzahed
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Need Suggestions to monitoring Scan Rate

Hi All, I need suggestions to monitoring Scan Rate on Solaris Operating System. Any idea? Thanks Edy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Formula calculate scan rate

Hi There, Just curious here... If there formula to calculate scan rate on solaris? Thanks Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Linux Cluster failover issue

Hi Guys, I am not much aware of clusters but i have few questions can someone provide the overview as it would be very helpful for me. How can i perform cluster failover test to see all the services are failing back to other node ? If it is using veritas cluster then what kind of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna529
2 Replies
scds_get_rg_hostnames(3HA)				 Sun Cluster HA and Data Services				scds_get_rg_hostnames(3HA)

NAME
scds_get_rg_hostnames - get the network resources used in a resource group SYNOPSIS
cc [flags...] -I /usr/cluster/include file -L /usr/cluster/lib -l dsdev #include <rgm/libdsdev.h> scha_err_t scds_get_rg_hostnames(char *resourcegroup_name, scds_net_resource_list_t **netresource_list DESCRIPTION
The scds_get_rg_hostnames() function retrieves a list of hostnames used by all the network resources in a resource group. This function returns a pointer to the list in netresource_list. It is possible for a resource group to contain no network resources or to contain resources that do not use network resources, so this function can return netresource_list set to NULL. You can pass the name of any resource group name in the system to scds_get_rg_hostnames(). Use the hostnames returned by scds_get_rg_host- names() to contact applications running in the specified resource group. Free the memory allocated and returned by this function with scds_free_net_list(). PARAMETERS
The following parameters are supported resourcegroup_name Name of the resource group for which data is to be retrieved netresource_list List of network resources used by the resource group RETURN VALUES
The scds_get_rg_hostnames() function returns the following: 0 The function succeeded. non-zero The function failed. ERRORS
SCHA_ERR_NOERR Function succeeded. See scha_calls(3HA) for a description of other error codes. FILES
/usr/cluster/include/rgm/libdsdev.h Include file /usr/cluster/lib/libdsdev.so Library ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
scds_free_net_list(3HA), scds_get_rs_hostnames(3HA), scha_calls(3HA), attributes(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 14 Sep 2007 scds_get_rg_hostnames(3HA)