Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server migration
Operating Systems AIX Server migration Post 302892635 by Oceanlo2013 on Thursday 13th of March 2014 10:41:14 PM
Old 03-13-2014
Hi all,

I think I take time to check all requirement first.
And thank you all of you to provide your valuable experience.

Regards,
Ray

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Migration from OLD server to NEW one

Hi everybody, I want ask if it is possible to copy all storage structure (VGs, LVs & filesystems) from one server to another. In other words, I want to move my system from old server to new one, so I want the new server exactly have the same sizes and number of VGs, LVs, & filesystems. Thanks... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
11 Replies

2. AIX

How will do migration through NIM server in AIX

Can any one help..... How will do migration through NIM server? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Server Migration

Hi All We are having a very old server that is working on solaris 5.6 and oracle7. now We are planning to migrate it to a Solaris 8 and oracle 9 environment. The application software of the server is basically written in ProC and there are few sql ,perl and shell scripts on the server . We... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Server Migration: Problems with attributes

I am migrating from a host to another and I am trying to mimic the attributes on the old server. Only problem is I can't figure out a fast way. Any recommendations? Initially I thought about listing all my files on my previous host, but for some reason the listing of all files produced... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raykon
2 Replies

5. Linux

CentOS Live Server Migration?

Hello, everyone. I've been lurking on this forum for a while but have never needed to post asking for a bit of help until now. Long story short, I have a test of sorts scheduled with a prospective employer, a managed web hosting company, that involves migrating a hypothetical customer from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deputy Cartman
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Storage Migration on Solaris server

Hi All, I need your help urgently. Below I have given the brief description of the Architecture and the Problem. The brief details of the architecture: We have 5 Containers(Non-Global Zones) running on one T5220 Box. The Global Zone is running Solaris 10. The Non-global Zones are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldeep1986
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Print server Migration from AIX to Linux

Hi, Can anyone help me on migration the print server from AIX to RHEL 4? Appreciate your help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brby07
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Server migration from samba+ldap to windows server 2003

Hi, i have a server installed samba+openldap (pdc). Need to migration windows server 2003 (active directory) object users, computers. Where you can read how to do it? Or can tell me how to do it? Thanks. P.S. Sorry for bad english (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ap0st0l
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Server migration - using ufsdump

hi all, i am refreshing my hardware, but i do not want to do a clean installation/reinstallation. I am wondering if i could do - do a ufsdump of the / partition (into a file on a nfs share) - bootup using cdrom in the new machine - mount the boot device/slice, and restore the ufsdump on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
7 Replies
XFSINFO(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   XFSINFO(1)

NAME
xfsinfo - X font server information utility SYNOPSIS
xfsinfo [-server servername] DESCRIPTION
Xfsinfo is a utility for displaying information about an X font server. It is used to examine the capabilities of a server, the predefined values for various parameters used in communicating between clients and the server, and the font catalogues and alternate servers that are available. OPTIONS
-server servername This option specifies the X font server to contact. servername must be specified in one of the formats defined in the Font Server Names section of X(7). If not specified, the server name in the FONTSERVER environment variable is used. HISTORY
Xfsinfo was originally called fsinfo. It was renamed to avoid a clash with the fsinfo utility from the Berkeley automounter amd. EXAMPLE
The following shows a sample produced by xfsinfo. example% xfsinfo -server hansen:7100 name of server: hansen:7100 version number: 1 vendor string: Font Server Prototype vendor release number: 17 maximum request size: 16384 longwords (65536 bytes) number of catalogues: 1 all Number of alternate servers: 2 #0 hansen:7101 #1 hansen:7102 number of extensions: 0 ENVIRONMENT
FONTSERVER To get the default fontserver. The server name must be specified in one of the formats defined in the Font Server Names section of X(7). SEE ALSO
xfs(1), fslsfonts(1), X(7). AUTHOR
Dave Lemke, Network Computing Devices, Inc X Version 11 xfsinfo 1.0.3 XFSINFO(1)