Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Search and add the column in the file Post 302892193 by bakunin on Tuesday 11th of March 2014 11:15:40 AM
Old 03-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsaran
I need script as per my requirement.
...and i need a lot of money. Like the great philosopher Mick Jagger once said: you can't always get what you want - but if you try, sometime, you just might find you get what you need.

So, again: what have you tried so far and what was the problem in doing so?

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search max value in a column in a file instead of sort

Hi Everyone, 1.txt 00:00:00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:01 0 0 0 2 1 33 2 00:00:02 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:03 0 4 0 0 0 0 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search name and display column from a file

Hi I have search everywhere for this but I haven't got any result. so here is my question? I am trying to ask user to enter a name and then searching that name from a file and from a specific column. If user enter something, it should only displaying that name from that specific column and If the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sillyha
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search Pattern and add column

Hi, I have two files. file1 contents: aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg ddd www eee ggg dde qqq zzz hhh ddd file2 contents: mmm mmm mmm mmm Now I want to add file2 contents to end of lines in file1 where a line contains pattern "ddd" and it should look like this: file3 contents: aaa... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harjitsingh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a file column wise and delete it

i have a file which has a column that is unique i am intending to serach it and if it is there to remove the row. the file looks like ROLLNO,NAME ,SUB1,SUB2,SUB3,TOTAL,PERCENTAGE,RESULT 15 ,rig ,34 ,56 ,87 ,177 ,59 % ,PASS 23 ,wel ,45 ,76 ,56 ,177 ,59 % ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a file column wise and delete it

Scottn, m really sorry but i have not got my answer yet. my concern is how to delete the row !!! i have a file which has a column that is unique i am intending to serach it and if it is there to remove the row. the file looks like ROLLNO,NAME ,SUB1,SUB2,SUB3,TOTAL,PERCENTAGE,RESULT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for a word in a particular column of a file

How to search for a word like "computer" in a column (eg: 4th field) of a '***' delimited file and add a column at the end of the record which denotes 'Y' if present and 'N' if not. After this, we need to again check for words like 'Dell' but not 'DellXPS' in 5th field and again add another column... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jassz
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File 1 Column 1 value search in File 2 records, then loop?

Summary: I planned on using Awk to grab a value from File 1 and search all records/fields in file 2. If there is a match in File 2, print the first column value of the record of the match of File2. Continue this search until the end of file 2. Once at the end of file 2, grab the next value in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Incog
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search substring in a column of file

Hi all, I have 2 files, the first one containing a list of ids and the second one is a master file. I want to search each id from the first file from the 5th col in the second file. The 5th column in master file has values separated by ';', if not a single value is present. Each id must occur... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and replace string from nth column from a file?

I wanted to search for a string and replace it with other string from nth column of a file which is comma seperated which I am able to do with below # For Comma seperated file without quotes awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS=","}$"'"$ColumnNo"'"=="'"$PPK"'"{$"'"$ColumnNo"'"="'"$NPK"'"}{print}' ${FileName} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search spaces in 5th column in large file

i have a file having 5 columns with more than million records. And i want to search using UNIX command to find if there are any spaces in 5th column. any please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.p
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)