Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rx2660: a tape streamer
Operating Systems HP-UX Rx2660: a tape streamer Post 302892162 by vbe on Tuesday 11th of March 2014 09:05:54 AM
Old 03-11-2014
Of what?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Space free on tape /delete a single file on tape

Hi, I' using a sun solaris server, I would like to known if there is the possibility to control how many space is free on a tape and how I can delete a single file on a tape. Thanks DOMENICO (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here Can anyone help me: I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit. What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV?? How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape? Thanx to all (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayzeayem
0 Replies

3. SCO

Tape Status shows 2 Hard errors and 5 Underruns on new tape

when I do a tape status /dev/rStp0 I get the following on a new tape and I have tried several: Status : ready beginning-of-tape soft errors : 0 hard errors: 2 underruns: 5 My BackupEdge has stopped backing up my system because it asks for a new volume yet my total system data is under 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
5 Replies

4. AIX

How to make a copy of a tape to another tape?

Hello, We need to make a copy of a backup tape, using the 2 tape recorders in IBM 3582 Tape Library We tried tu use "tcopy", it seems to work fine (no error messages) but we aren't sure if we can rely on it. my question is how to check if the copy succeded or not, but i also want to know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastlane3000
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

a playlist for ffmpeg streamer

Hi, I hope I am posting in the right place. I use to stream to justin tv using ffmpeg with that command ffmpeg -re -i "path/to/input.avi" -vcodec libx264 -preset fast -crf 30 -acodec libfaac -ab 128k -ar 44100 -f flv rtmp://live.justin.tv/app/xxxxxxxxxxx I would like to know if a bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: undercash
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying tape-to-tape on UNIX

I am using a 4mm tape to backup my Unix system. However, I wanted to make a copy all of the files and archive headers (or just the archive headers if that's possible) created on one of my tapes to another 4mm tape. I only have one tape drive. Is there a command that will complete such task? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acoco
1 Replies

7. AIX

Ejecting tape on AIX & Some Tape commands

I am trying to use this command to eject the tape mt -f /dev/rmt/0 unload but it gives me error mt -f /dev/rmt/0 unload mt: 0511-575 unload is not a recognized subcommand. Usage: mt Subcommand Valid subcommands are: weof eof fsf bsf ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies
streamer(1)						      General Commands Manual						       streamer(1)

NAME
streamer - record audio and/or video SYNOPSIS
streamer [ options ] DESCRIPTION
streamer reads audio and/or video data from /dev/video0 and /dev/dsp and writes the data to the disk. Various output formats are sup- ported. Start streamer with '-h' for a list of options and supported output formats. streamer will use the file extention of the output file name to figure which format to use. You need the -f/-F options only if the exten- tion allows more than one format. If you get the "neither audio nor video format specified/found" message and don't know why, you can enable the debug output (-d switch) to see what is going on. You can safely stop the recording at any time with Ctrl+C. streamer will catch the signal and stop recording correctly (i.e. write movie file headers) before exiting. EXAMPLES
streamer -o foobar.jpeg write a single jpeg file. streamer -o quicktime.mov -f yuv2 -F stereo -r 12 -t 0:10 record a short quicktime movie. SEE ALSO
xawtv(1), v4lctl(1) AUTHOR
Gerd Knorr <kraxel@bytesex.org> COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. streamer(1)