Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How capture all user command line output? Post 302891800 by vbe on Saturday 8th of March 2014 08:29:10 AM
Old 03-08-2014
There is a command for that: script ...
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture entire line in ps command

I need to determine what processes are running at certain times of the day. I have a script that issues the /usr/ucb/ps aux command and captures it to a file. I want to see the cpu usage and memory usage. This command lops off the end of the of the display line so I can't see the entire... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[csh] How to capture output from a command and pass it on to a variable?

Hi there! I'm trying to write a script that will capture output from a command and assign it to a variable. Let's say, for example, I'd like to catch from inside the script whatever the following command outputs: ls *.aaa and put it into a variable "listoffiles". What I tried was: set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machinogodzilla
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I capture multiple lines of the status output of a command?

I need to know what the upload speed of an Internet connection. I thought the easiest way to do this would be to transfer a file via FTP to my server using the command: sh-3.2$ ftp -u ftp://username:password@computerdomain/directory/ file_to_be_uploaded Note: My environment allows me to issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzz1528
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to capture only some part of output when command executed??

Hi, When I execute this command prtdiag -v output sample : System clock frequency: 160 MHZ Memory size: 4GB ==================================== CPUs ==================================== E$ CPU CPU CPU Freq Size ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

command line image capture on fedora 11

i mean command line WEBCAM image capture. sorry fo rleaving webcam out of the title... how do i edit that? anyways... imagemagick, ffmpeg are installed. cheese works fine. webcam is there. i can take movies and photos. i would like to take command line snapshots from the camera. how do i do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enter the command to capture output--help

&& echo "PLEASE enter the command to capture output" || echo "Processing your command manual" x=$# echo $x while do while man $@ | read -r line do >$@.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to capture Output of truus command

Hi I want to check if some process is sleeping. I can see that in truss -p <pid> I want to capture output and check that output if proces sis sleeping. Please suggest way to capture output of truss command or other way to check if process is sleeping (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankush_mehra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture output of command triggered in background

Is there any way to trigger a sequence of commands in parallel and capture their output in variables? e.g. something on the following lines x=`echo "X" &` y=`echo "Y" &` z=`echo "Z" &` so that $x, $y, and $z evaluate to X, Y and Z res. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading ls -l output line by line awk the user name and su user to run commands

Using ksh on AIX what I am trying to do is to read the ls -l output from a file in a do while loop line by line. Extract the user name(3rd field) and the directory/file name(9th field) using awk and save them into variables. su -c to the user and change directory/file permisions to 777. Script I... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: zubairom
13 Replies

10. Programming

Python Paramiko multi threading to capture all output for command applied in loop

My issue : I am getting only last command output data in ouput file. Though comamnd "print(output)" displays data for all 3rd column values but the data saved in file is not what required it hs to be the same which is being printed by command"print(output)". Could you please help me to fix this,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
0 Replies
EVTEST-CAPTURE(1)														 EVTEST-CAPTURE(1)

NAME
evtest-capture - Input device event capture program SYNOPSIS
evtest-capture "/dev/input/eventX" [evtest-capture.xml] DESCRIPTION
evtest-capture captures the information and events from the input device specified on the command line and writes it to the xml file given. If no filename is given for the output file, evtest-capture.xml is chosen as default. evtest-capture needs to be able to read from the device; in most cases this means it must be run as root. Together with with evtest-create-device.xsl, a simple uinput-based software input device can be created that replays the events as if the same input was performed on the physical device. This can be useful to replicate bugs with input devices in upper layers of the stack. To convert evtest-capture.xml into such a uinput device, run: xsltproc evtest-create-device.xls evtest-capture.xml > mydevice.c gcc -o mydevice mydevice.c ./mydevice DIAGNOSTICS
If evtest-capture does not see any events even though the device is being used, the device may be grabbed by a process (EVIOCGRAB). This is usually the case when debugging a synaptics device from within X. VT switching to a TTY or shutting down the X server terminates this grab and synaptics devices can be debugged. SEE ALSO
evtest(1) AUTHOR
evtest-capture was written by Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer@redhat.com[1]>. NOTES
1. peter.hutterer@redhat.com mailto:peter.hutterer@redhat.com 05/21/2012 EVTEST-CAPTURE(1)