Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Infrastructure Testing
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Infrastructure Testing Post 302891646 by tarun_nix on Friday 7th of March 2014 01:21:36 AM
Old 03-07-2014
Infrastructure Testing

Hi Admins,

could anyone sahre the technologies and data points involed in "Infrastructure Testing" and what is the role of system admin in this testing.

regards
Tarun.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

freeware to document your IT infrastructure for unix

I just started using this good free software that lets you document your entire IT infrastructure. It's called Auditor Lite or Documentor for Unix and in my opinion it's the best software out there and the fact that it is free is even better. Just thought I would let you guys know if you want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itguy321
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HOWTO plug server into infrastructure

Hi I consider how to plug server into infrastructure. What is the actual standard for sys admins to plug server and make it up and running. Whether use LACP/EtherChannel, IPMP, JumboFrame and when ? How to make server redundancy and fail-over to maximize its uptime ? How many network... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris packages for Oracle grid infrastructure installation

Hello guys, I am trying to install oracle grid infrastructure 11.2 on Solaris 5.11. while I was reading the installation guide to check for the software requirements, there were two packages mentioned for the Solars 5.11. They are as follows pkg://solaris/developer/build/make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zacsparrow
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)