Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract work in line string.? Post 302891627 by pone2332 on Friday 7th of March 2014 12:09:25 AM
Old 03-07-2014
This works perfectly. Can you help me understand this piece a little more for learning sake? Thanks much for all help.
Code:
awk -F. '{sub("\"","");print $1}'

Last edited by Franklin52; 03-07-2014 at 03:11 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract a string value from the given line

Hi I have an input as follows: param1:value1|param2:value2|param3:value3|param4:value4|param5:value5 where, "|" and ":" are delimiters Now suppose, I want to extract the value corresponding to "param4", i.e. "value4" in this case. In case we use awk, I want to use the value in shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaurav_1711
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a string from a file ignoring new line

Hi, sumdays before i had posted a query with same subject. i got sum great help from great ppl which solved my problem then. But now there is a small problem with the code that i need the experts help upon. for parsing a text like this where $ had been the delimiter between... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract string from varying delimiter line

Hi I have lines like this a=1, b=2, c=3, a=1, d=4, e=5, b=225, I need to extract the b=nnn... value. I dont know how many other entries will be before and after it in each line. Ive tried a basic line like awk '/b=/, $NF ~ /,/ ' myfile.txt but I think that it doesnt care which comma it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebelbuttmunch
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl REGEX - How do extract a string in a line?

Hi Guys, In the following line: cn=portal.090710.191533.428571000,cn=groups,dc=mp,dc=rj,dc=gov,dc=br I need to extract this string: portal.090710.191533.428571000 As you can see this string always will be bettween "cn=" and "," strings. Someone know one regular expression to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick-ski
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a string from a line

Hiee all Can anyone tell me how to extract a string from a given line. STAPISDK_RELEASE_32_BL012_2011_JAN_25.1597 I want to extract BL012 from above. as 102 keeps on changing i want smthing like that it extract BL and 102 extrct by its own. Thankx guyzz (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijtr
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from multiple file based on line count number

Hi, I search all forum, but I can not find solutions of my problem :( I have multiple files (5000 files), inside there is this data : FILE 1: 1195.921 -898.995 0.750312E-02-0.497526E-02 0.195382E-05 0.609417E-05 -2021.287 1305.479-0.819754E-02 0.107572E-01 0.313018E-05 0.885066E-05 ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: guns
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract text from STRING to end of line?

Hi I have a very large data file with several hundred columns and millions of lines. The important data is in the last set of columns with variable numbers of tab delimited fields in front of it on each line. Im currently trying sed to get the data out - I want anything beetween :RES and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manchesterpaul
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract a portion of string from each line in Linux

Hi I have to extract the destination path information from each record the file is of variable length so I will not be able to use the print command.The search should start on variable "destinationPath" and it should end at immediate "," also the first field has to be printed Input File:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkakitapalli
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)