Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read record from the text file contain multiple separated values & assign those values to variables Post 302891483 by ketanraut on Thursday 6th of March 2014 05:06:02 AM
Old 03-06-2014
hi chubler,

I am not god with arrays so could you please explain me how
Code:
${#file_name[@]}]

works??

Regards,
Ketanr

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i read text file and assign its values to variables using shell

Hello, I have a cat.dat file, i would like shell to read each 3 lines and set this 3 lines to 3 different variables. my cat.dat is: 11 12 +380486461001 12 13 +380486461002 13 14 +380486461003 i want shell to make a loop and assign 1st line to student_id, 2nd line to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign Values to variables from a text file

The text file has one single row and looks like this Q1 P1 2006 I have to pick up this values from a shell script into three different variables, say quarter, period and year from the above text file. Some one know's how to do this? I went through 'sed', dint really know how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarsani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign values to variables of a file

Hi, I have a file like the following... CUST= DIR= NULIST= name=philps_123 How can i add values to each of these unassigned variables using a shell script? say for eg: i have values for CUST as onida, dir as /dir/onida, NULIST as /tmp/onida_files. How can i add these values to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
11 Replies

4. Fedora

How to read a text file and assign the values in the same to a variable in loop

Hi, I have a text file with multiple lines, each having data in the below format <DOB>,<ADDRESS> I have to write a script which reads each line in the text file in loop, assign the values to these variables and do some further processing in it. Using the following code prints the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manishab00
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read a text file and assign the values in the same to a variable in loop

Hi, I have a text file with multiple lines, each having data in the below format <DOB>,<ADDRESS> I have to write a script which reads each line in the text file in loop, assign the values to these variables and do some further processing in it. Using the following code prints the values... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishab00
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables names from array and assign the values

Hi, I have requirement to assign values to variables which are created dynamically. Below is the code which i am using to achieve above requirement. #!/bin/ksh oIFS="$IFS"; IFS=',' STR_FAIL_PARENT_IF_FAILS="WF_F_P_IF_FAILS1,WF_F_P_IF_FAILS2,WF_F_P_IF_FAILS3" set -A... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file & assign those values to variables in the script

For eg: I have sample.txt file with 4 rows of record like: user1|password1 user2|password2 user3|password3 user4|password4 The username and password is sepsrated by '|' I want to get the 1st row value from the file and assign it to two different variables(username and password) in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priya001
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to read assign values to two variables in while loop

I am trying to read a input file which has two columns separated by space Input file server1 server2 server3 server4 server5 server6 When i execute the below while code it reads line by line and a and b variables are able to successfully fetch the values while read a b do echo "$a" echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read in Multiple log files and output selected variables and values to cvs file

I have several problems with my problems: I hope you can help me. 1) the If else statement I am getting an error message. My syntax must be incorrect because the entire statement is throwing an error. For example in filew.log if these items don't exist Memsize, SASFoundation and also if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign comma separated values to a variable

Hi All, I wrote a database command that queries our application and outputs a whole bunch of values to a text file. I need to assign the output to two values. Here is a sample of the output: valueOne, checkOne valueTwo, checkTwo valueThree, checkThree I would like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)