Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract specific data? Post 302891261 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 4th of March 2014 04:15:27 PM
Old 03-04-2014
Here is an example that checks for:
  • Subject/1.0 Install/start.doc
  • Subject/2.0 Handover
  • Subject/3.0 Operation
  • Subject/4.0 Retire

Change the FILES array to suit what you need

Code:
FILES=( "1.0 Install/start.doc"  "2.0 Handover"  "3.0 Operation"  "4.0 Retire" )

for subject in *
do
    IFS=$'\n' NEED=( $(printf "$subject/%s\n" "${FILES[@]}") )
    for file in "${NEED[@]}"
    do
       [ -f "$file" ] || continue 2
    done
    echo "All OK - process $subject"
    #
    # Put your processing code here
    #
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific data from xml format file.

Hi, I need to extract the start time value (bold, red font) under the '<LogEvent ID="Timer Start">' tag (black bold) from a file with the following pattern. There are other LogEventIDs listed in the file as well, making it harder for me to extract out the specific start time that I need. . .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from log file from or after the specific date

Hi , I am having a script which will start a process and appends the process related logs to a log file. The log file writes logs with every line starting with date in the format of: date +"%Y %b %d %H:%M:%S". So, in the script, before I start the process, I am storing the date as DATE=`date +"%Y... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data into file with specific field specs

:confused: I have a tab delimited file that I need to extract data from and into a file with specific field specs. Each field has to be a certain amount of characters. So, the name field (from delimited file) might have only 15 characters but needs to be 25 (in new file) so I need to insert spaces... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: criddel
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the content after a specific data

My input: >seq_1 DSASSTRRARRRRTPRTPSLRSRRSDVTCS >seq_3 RMRLRRWRKSCSERS*RRSN >seq_8 RTTGLSERPRLPTTASRSISSRWTR >seq_10 NELPLEKGSLDSISIE >seq_9 PNQGDAREPQAHLPRRQGPRDRPLQAYA+ QVQHRRHDHSRTQH*LCRRRQREDCDRLHR >seq_4 DRGKGQAGCRRPQEGEALVRRCS>seq_6 FA*GLAAQDGEA*SGRG My output: Extract all... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data content from a long list of data

My input: Data name: ABC001 Data length: 1000 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 10 100 90 1 forward 15 200 185 2 reverse 50 500 450 Data name: XFG110 Data length: 100 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 50 100 50 ... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific read from a data

Input file: #abc_1 SAASFASFGGDSGDSGDSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGDS Output file: FASFGGDSGDS I just want to print out the read from position 5 until position 15 from the data. Below is the code that I just try but it is failed to get my desired output: grep -v '#' input_file | awk... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data and change its arrangment

Input: HS04636 PROGRAM source 836 7001 + ID=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM beginner 836 7001 + ID=g1.t1;Parent=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM position 836 836 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 PROGRAM type 836 1017 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on specific search criteria

I have a huge file (about 2 millions records) contains data separated by “,” (comma). As part of the requirement, I can't change the format. The objective is to remove some of the records with the following condition. If the 23rd field on each line start with 302 , I need to remove that from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to extract data for a specific process from ovpa?

Hi Friends, One question. Supposed I want to extract data only for process named "sqlplus" how can I do it. Any suggestions? I don't want all the data as it is not useful to me e.g.. Command I use is given below extract -xp -p -r repfile -b"03/15/13 7:00 PM" -e"03/15/13 09:30 PM" -f... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Extract specific data from a file.

data.txt has several information like the below.. <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM01:/tmp/cong/MYDOM01,/tmp/app/MYDOM01 <WEBER>:CANES:https-web01,https-web02:/web/apps/https-web01/config <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM07:/tmp/cong/MYDOM07,/tmp/app/MYDOM07... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
NEW(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)