Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX sed help with underscore problems Post 302891173 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 4th of March 2014 08:32:23 AM
Old 03-04-2014
Code:
awk -F/ '{print $NF}' file

or
Code:
sed 's/.*\///' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed file problems

when i am running a sed command i want to get rid of all of the backslashes in the lin but it is taking this as being a command how do i delete backslashes????? sed -e "s/\/g" Anyn ideas????????? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnnynolegs
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with sed

Hi, I'm trying to use the sed command but I'm not sure how to use it properly. I've read the man pages for the sed command but I'm still unsure on how to use it. Basically I have a file with the words male and female written multiple times. I want to swap the word male for female and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tugade
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with SED

I have a group of xml files and I need to insert 3 parameters just after this line in each file: ---------------Pattern to be searched for------------------------- <!--The following configuration is a test configuration--> ---------------Parameters to be added---------------------------... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: collern2
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having problems with sed: can't replace $1

At the moment, I'm trying to do the following: 1. Have sed read the first line of a file Example (file1.x): 5 2. Replace that first line with a new first line, which would read 5=newvariable 3. Have that information placed into file2.y Unfortunately, I'm having a problem. Sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent-X
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Sed problems on Solaris 10

Hi, The config file: # Port(s) for accepting client connections RTSPPort=554 bash-3.00# awk -F"=" -v gr="888" '/RTSPPort/{$2=gr;}1' OFS="=" server.ini awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 Can you help me on why this doesn't work. The next one neighter. Dosn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex/sed - matching any char,space,underscore between : and /

trying to remove the portion in red: Data: mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: $AI_SQL/wkly.sql mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: $EDW_TMP/wkly.sql output to be: mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: wkly.sql mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh: wkly.sql SED i'm trying to use: sed 's/:+\//: /g' input_file.dat >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problems using sed

i have a file acc.sh which has about 10 lines and then i have defined $var which has a line number in it (say 5). i want to extarct from line 5 to the end of the file and put the output into another file. I have used sed -n $var,'$p' acc.sh | tee abc.sh but at times it does'nt work and gives an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 problems... sed and sort

Hi everyone! I have a file like that: And I would it like that: I don't know how to keep the first field and sort the second one. I have a second question with sed... to put the variable $VAR at the beginning of the file... But I have an output like this: snork... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problems with sed

$ echo "a,0,0,0,b,0" | sed 's/,0,/,1,/g' gives output as $ a,1,0,1,b,0 rather than as a,1,1,1,b,0 how can i solve this problem Thanks a lot in advance.... Use code tags. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishma71
4 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Execution Problems with sed

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Okay so I am taking bash scripting this semester and we are now working on the stream editor sed. For our book we... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggie6970
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)