Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX FTP client
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AIX FTP client Post 302891069 by ra8ul on Monday 3rd of March 2014 03:58:12 PM
Old 03-03-2014
Aix shell cronjob

Sorry not my intention to play tricks but i am really need of suggestion since this issue has taken my sleep and peach of mind away.

Please find below my answers to your query.

This is a fresh script.
We are able to send the logs manually by keying the same commands in the script
This is FTP
pls find the script at the end.
manually i am able to use mput command and at destination is see logs transferred but schedule sends the logs once and freezes then.

job is scheduled through cronjob every 10 minutes and the log file size is around 20 mb.
the script freezes at execution without any error
I do not know how to check error on a linux box since the server is a RHEL appliance
Credentials are not the problem here.
Password is fine and works when keyed in manually.

Shell script below :------
Code:
/usr/bin/cd /usr
echo "**************************************************************" >> /usr/Mac.log
/usr/bin/date >> /usr/Mac.log
/usr/bin/cp -p /usr/stream.out /logs/AIX1.`/usr/bin/date +%H%M%d%m%Y`
/usr/bin/ftp -n -i "ipaddress" <<EOF
user ftpuser password
lcd /usr
cd Aix
prompt
mput AIX*
quit
EOF
mv /usr/AIX* /usr/archived/
echo "finish" >> /usr/Mac.log

Thank you inadvance

Last edited by Scott; 03-03-2014 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Client

Is there any ftp CLIENT(either freeware or sharware) can support passive mode else ncftp? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolmans
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command line FTP Client

I'm looking for a FTP client that is similar to NCFTP in that I can run a full ftp command in one line without needing to access the client first then typing the ftp commands. Very simple request but I can't find any other tool like that, I have downloaded Kermit thinking I can use it to tranfer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamkag
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP client that meets these requirements?

Hi All, Does anyone knows an FTP client that meet these basic requirements? -Runs in the console therefore not a gui based but a command line based like the normal ftp program. -auto detects ascii / binary format files. -runs in linux. -free and opensource. Filezilla should be fine but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3rr0r_3rr0r
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Secure FTP Client that Logs well

Folks I am on a quest.... I am looking for a lightweight FTP client capable of FTPS and or SFTP that has good audit and logging capabilities without requiring a central server component. My platforms are Linux, Solaris, AIX, and Windows Server. The kicker is I have found things that meet the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArtF
3 Replies

5. AIX

FTPS - FTP CLIENT- AIX - HELP Please

I'm currently investigating the secure ftp connection from AIX using shell script - It looks openssl is already install and don't know command to be used to connect the secure ftp server. 1. Do I need to install certificate on AIX ?. 2. If any one already design the script to connect secure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharanir
0 Replies

6. Solaris

A good ftp client

Can anyone please suggest a agood ftp client(GUI) which would support sftp ...on solaris. I badly need it. I keep doing the transfers frequently, and some of them are binary and I am not sure how I change the mode to binary. To avoid this and other hassles, it would help if i have a GUI client. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dummy FTP Client!

We're just about to start testing a new server build. The application has many FTP/SFTP connections going to different servers. I'd like to temporarily replace the FTP/SFTP binaries with a mock version that will allow us to run all our production code as is, but will prevent the FTPs from actually... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP client is hanging very rarely!

Hi, I have a script in which I am using ftp to transfer some files from remote -> local and vice versa, this scripts is invoked by cron. for your reference I am sharing the function also : ============================================= fn_FileTransfer_LocalToRemote() { set -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshuman0507
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yum not working on client while able to do the ftp

1)check vsftpd service is running service vsftpd status 2)mkdir -p /var/ftp/pub/Packages Packages will contain all rpm packages 3)copy the xml file to Packages folder #cp -arf /mnt/hgfs/share/RHEL_DVD/Packages /var/ftp/pub/Packages 4)install the 3 required rpm rpm --nodeps -ivh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joj123
0 Replies
GZEXE(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)