Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Need Help in reading Response file Post 302890917 by ctsgnb on Sunday 2nd of March 2014 12:00:04 PM
Old 03-02-2014
Do you have any way to control how the response file is generated ?

If so, i suggest you to generate the ADDRESS like :

Code:
ADDRESS="7658 James Street
NewYork
0000"

or

Code:
ADDRESS="7658 James Street,NewYork,0000"

You can then just execut the response_file to load the variabes in your environment

in csh :
Code:
source ./response_file

in sh/ksh/bash:
Code:
. ./response_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading response from server

I am trying to write a korn shell script which posts commands to a server and read the response back from the server. Any idea how I can read the servers response? I have tried doing the following: ( LOGIN:xxxxx command to server read ANSWER echo $ANSWER >file1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh error: Error reading response length from authentication socket

Hi - I am getting the error `Error reading response length from authentication socket' when I ssh from my cluster to another cluster, and then back to my cluster. It doesn't seem to affect anything, but it's just annoying that it always pops up and tends to confuse new users of the cluster. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpp6f
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SOLVED: reading config file in a perl script

Hi! I have a need to do this in Perl. script.pl -config file The script would be doing a wget/LWP on a URL which is defined in the config file. So when I run the script it should return either one of these conditions - 1) OK with exit status 0. Should also print "wget URL" 2)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacki
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] delete line from file1 by reading from file2

Hi All, I have to arrange one of the text file by deleting specific lines. cat file1.txt 3595 3595 -0.00842773 -0.0085077 0.00368851 12815 12815 -0.00929239 0.00439785 0.0291697 3747 3747 -0.00974353 0.00228922 0.0225058 3574 3574 -0.00711399 -0.00315748 0.0141206 .... 12734... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Reading the last word in a file from a script

Hello everybody, My first time here and my english is not very good I hope you understand me. I'm trying to read a file that contains two zip archive names. Here my file content is: package1.zip package2.zip At the end of the line there is a \n character. I read this file from a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aurea
2 Replies

8. Programming

[Solved] Problem with fork() while reading files

Good evening everyone. I have my finals and I'm facing a problem: I have a for cycle that is supposed to fork 2 children but somehow it forks only the first one. What am I doing wrong ? #include <fcntl.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <time.h>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfpietro
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Reading Array And Send An Email

I am trying to find an example for reading an array instead of reading a file and send out an email in ksh. Can you please help is that possible? Algorithm #!/bin/ksh i=0 set -A ARR if then let i=$ ARR="A does n't match with B" fi if then let i=$ ARR="P does n't match with Q"... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem reading terminal response string from Zsh

Note: This posting is related to my posting at bash - Reading answer to control string sent to xterm - Stack Overflow , but I could get there a solution only for bash. I can use that solution, but for curiosity, I wonder, whether I could do this in Zsh as well. The problem is to send a (Posix-)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rovf
6 Replies
USRP_FLEX_ALL(1)						   User Commands						  USRP_FLEX_ALL(1)

NAME
usrp_flex_all - FLEX protocol demodulator SYNOPSIS
usrp_flex_all [options] DESCRIPTION
linux; GNU C++ version 4.6.2; Boost_104601; UHD_003.003.001-666a2f0 OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -f FREQ, --freq=FREQ Set receive frequency to FREQ [default=929512500.0] -a ADDRESS, --address=ADDRESS Address of UHD device, [default=addr=192.168.10.2] -A ANTENNA, --antenna=ANTENNA select Rx Antenna where appropriate --rx-gain=RX_GAIN set receive gain in dB (default is midpoint) -c Hz, --calibration=Hz set frequency offset to Hz -v, --verbose -l, --log log flowgraph to files (LOTS of data) -F FROM_FILE, --from-file=FROM_FILE read samples from file instead of USRP --nchan=nchan set to number of channels in capture file SEE ALSO
usrp_flex_band(1) usrp_flex(1) usrp_flex_all 3.5 December 2011 USRP_FLEX_ALL(1)