Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare file1 header count with file2 line count Post 302890402 by pone2332 on Wednesday 26th of February 2014 02:37:03 PM
Old 02-26-2014
Updated code: Let me know if that is better or if I'm getting closer.

HDR File:
A: Cat /apps/fmp/ftp/Incoming/FPRS/FPRS/TEST.QDIA_TRIG_HDR* <pipe> to
B: awk '{print $2}' <pipe> integer to
C: sed 's/^0*//' which remove leading 0's.

DET File: Where I made an update.
A: cat /apps/fmp/ftp/Incoming/FPRS/FPRS/TEST.QDIA_TRIG_DET* <pipe> to
B: wc -l

Code:
HDR_count=$(cat /apps/fmp/ftp/Incoming/FPRS/FPRS/TEST.QDIA_TRIG_HDR* | awk '{print $2}'  | sed 's/^0*//' )
DET_count=$(cat /apps/fmp/ftp/Incoming/FPRS/FPRS/TEST.QDIA_TRIG_DET* | wc -l )
if [ ${HDR_count} -ne ${DET_count} ]
then
    echo
        echo "HDR count[ ${HDR_count} ] net equal to DET count [ ${DET_count} ]"
        exit 3
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Compare f1,f2,f3 of File1 with f1 of File2

I have an Awk string-compare problem and have searched the internet and forums for a solution i could use but cannot find a solution i understand to make work with my particular problem: I need to compare (field1 field2 field3 of File1) against (field1 of File2) and if they match print out... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Compare File1 File2 on f2

I'm trying to compare two files using AWK, where if field2 of both files match, replace field1 of file1 with field1 of file2 and if there is no match just print the line of file1. file1.txt (has empty first field) :ABBATOM:B:H:1992 :ABBA TROJAN:B:H:1993 :ABBES FIRST HOPE:B:M:1997 :ABBEYS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple fields in file1 to file2 and print line and next line

Hello, I have two files that I need to compare and print out the line from file2 that has the first 6 fields matching the first 6 fields in file1. Complicating this are the following restrictions 1. file1 is only a few thousand lines at most and file2 is greater than 2 million 2. I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesc_mac
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to count number of ~ from each line and compare with next line

Hi, I have created one shell script in which it will count number of "~" tilda charactors from each line of the file.But the problem is that i need to count each line count individually, that means. if line one contains 14 "~"s and line two contains 15 "~"s then it should give an error msg.each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Khandare
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if matching strings in file1 and file2, add column from file1 to file2

I have very limited coding skills but I'm wondering if someone could help me with this. There are many threads about matching strings in two files, but I have no idea how to add a column from one file to another based on a matching string. I'm looking to match column1 in file1 to the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

look for line from FILE1 at FILE2

Hi guys! I'm trying to write something to find each line of file1 into file2, if line is found return YES, if not found return NO. The result can be written to a new file. Can you please help me out? FILE1 INPUT: WATER CAR SNAKE (in reality this file has about 600 lines each with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Row Line Count without Header Footer

Hi There! I am saving the file count of all files in a directory to an output file using: wc -l * > FileCount.txt I get: 114 G4SXORD 3 G4SXORH 0 G4SXORP 117 total But this count includes header and footer. I want to subtract 2 from the count and get ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan8877
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file1 for matching line in file2 and print the difference in matching lines

Hello, I have two files file 1 and file 2 each having result of a query on certain database tables and need to compare for Col1 in file1 with Col3 in file2, compare Col2 with Col4 and output the value of Col1 from File1 which is a) not present in Col3 of File2 b) value of Col2 is different from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RasB15
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare and find records of file1 not in file2

hi.. i am using solaris system and ksh and using nawk to get records of file1 not in file2(not line by line comparison). code i am using is nawk 'NR==FNR{a++} !a {print"line:" FNR"->" $0} ' file2 file1 same command with awk runs perfectly on darwin kernel(mac) but in solaris it does line by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare file1 and file2, print matching lines in same order as file1

I want to print only the lines in file2 that match file1, in the same order as they appear in file 1 file1 file2 desired output: I'm getting the lines to match awk 'FNR==NR {a++}; FNR!=NR && a' file1 file2 but they are in sorted order, which is not what I want: Can anyone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
4 Replies
JOIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   JOIN(1)

NAME
join - relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [ options ] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Join forms, on the standard output, a join of the two relations specified by the lines of file1 and file2. If file1 is `-', the standard input is used. File1 and file2 must be sorted in increasing ASCII collating sequence on the fields on which they are to be joined, normally the first in each line. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 that have identical join fields. The output line normally con- sists of the common field, then the rest of the line from file1, then the rest of the line from file2. Fields are normally separated by blank, tab or newline. In this case, multiple separators count as one, and leading separators are dis- carded. These options are recognized: -an In addition to the normal output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file n, where n is 1 or 2. -e s Replace empty output fields by string s. -jn m Join on the mth field of file n. If n is missing, use the mth field in each file. -o list Each output line comprises the fields specifed in list, each element of which has the form n.m, where n is a file number and m is a field number. -tc Use character c as a separator (tab character). Every appearance of c in a line is significant. SEE ALSO
sort(1), comm(1), awk(1) BUGS
With default field separation, the collating sequence is that of sort -b; with -t, the sequence is that of a plain sort. The conventions of join, sort, comm, uniq, look and awk(1) are wildly incongruous. JOIN(1)