Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines Post 302889982 by Chubler_XL on Monday 24th of February 2014 03:57:47 PM
Old 02-24-2014
How about this:

Code:
awk '
/^primary$/ {ARMED=1}
ARMED==1 && /^\*/ {SLOT=$2}
$1="Slot" && $2==SLOT{ARMED=2}
/^Touch:/ && ARMED==2{print "Slot " SLOT;print; SLOT=ARMED=0}' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract specific lines from file

hi, how would i extract a range of lines in a file by using the line number? ex: file contains: 1 title 2 i want 3 this part 4 to be taken out 5 from this file 6 and sent to 7 another file 8 not needed 9 end of file In this case, i want to copy line number 2 to 7 on a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract specific lines for graphing

Hello, I have a very large text file with about 2 million lines. Each of the lines starts like.. SNP_12345678 A 1212, 121, 343, ... SNP_12345678 B 4567, 567, 454, ... and so on. I want to extract specific SNPs and plot them by GNUplot or excel. The file is too large to be opened by text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genehunter
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract the lines between specific line number from a text file

Hi I want to extract certain text between two line numbers like 23234234324 and 54446655567567 How do I do this with a simple sed or awk command? Thank you. ---------- Post updated at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:55 PM ---------- found it: sed -n '#1,#2p'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: return_user
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines of text based on a specific keyword

I regularly extract lines of text from files based on the presence of a particular keyword; I place the extracted lines into another text file. This takes about 2 hours to complete using the "sort" command then Kate's find & highlight facility. I've been reading the forum & googling and can find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DionDeVille
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix: extract a specific list of lines from a file

I would like to extract specific lines from a file and output them into another file. Each line in the file has a unique ID, and I have a specific list of IDs (that are not consecutive) that I wish to extract. for example: 1 aaaaaa bbbcb cccccc 2 aaaaaa bbbbb cccccd 3 aaaaaa bbbab... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mert2481
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific lines from a file

Hi, I have a file which contains DDL statements- CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX, ALTER TABLE etc. I have to only pick CREATE TABLE statements from the file- Source : ---------------------------------------------- --DDL for table abc -------------------------------------------- CREATE TABLE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract lines with specific words with addition 2 lines before and after

Dear all, Greetings. I would like to ask for your help to extract lines with specific words in addition 2 lines before and after these lines by using awk or sed. For example, the input file is: 1 ak1 abc1.0 1 ak2 abc1.0 1 ak3 abc1.0 1 ak4 abc1.0 1 ak5 abc1.1 1 ak6 abc1.1 1 ak7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amanda Low
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines with unique value using a specific column

Hi there, I need a help with extracting data from tab delimited file which look like this #CHROM POS ID REF ALT Human Cow Dog Mouse Lizard chr2 3033 . G C 0/0 0/0 0/0 1/1 0/0 chr3 35040 . G T 0/0 0/0 ./. 1/1 0/1 chr4 60584 . T G 1/1 1/1 0/1 1/1 0/0 chr10 7147815 . G A 0/0 1/1 0/0 0/0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: houkto
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific lines based on another file

I have a folder containing text files. I need to extract specific lines from the files of this folder based on another file input.txt. How can I do this with awk/sed? file1 ARG 81.9 8 81.9 0 LEU 27.1 9 27.1 0 PHE .0 10 .0 0 ASP 59.8 11 59.8 0 ASN 27.6 12 27.6 0 ALA .0 13 .0 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanmathew84
5 Replies
distccmon-text(1)					      General Commands Manual						 distccmon-text(1)

NAME
distccmon-text - Displays current compilation jobs in text form. SYNTAX
distccmon-text [DELAY] DESCRIPTION
Displays current compilation jobs in text form. distccmon-text must be run on the client machine, with the same setting for DISTCC_DIR (or home directory) as the user running the distcc client. OPTIONS
DELAY repeatedly updates after delay (fractional) seconds. OUTPUT FORMAT
The output of distccmon-text contains one line for each job currently being compiled. Each line contains the following columns: PID ID of the distcc client process. STATE Identifies the phase of operation. In order these may be "Startup", "Blocked", "Connected", "Preprocess", "Conect", "Send", "Receive" and "Done". FILE The input filename, if known. HOST[SLOT] The compile hostname. May be followed in square brackets by the slot index for that host. When a delay is specified, each block of output is terminated by a blank line. EXAMPLES
To display currently active jobs (updated every second): distccmon-text 1 To display the status once: distccmon-text AUTHORS
distcc was written by Martin Pool <mbp@sourcefrog.net>, with the co-operation of many scholars including Wayne Davison, Frerich Raabe, Dimitri Papadopoulos and others noted in the NEWS file. Please report bugs to <distcc@lists.samba.org>. SEE ALSO
distccd(1), ccache(1), gcc(1), make(1) http://code.google.com/p/distcc/ http://ccache.samba.org/ 2 October 2004 distccmon-text(1)