Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send alert once only
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Send alert once only Post 302888909 by ust03 on Tuesday 18th of February 2014 01:41:17 AM
Old 02-18-2014
Send alert once only

In my Nagios , when it found error , it will repeatly send alert email ( around 20 mins ) to mail box , could advise if I would like to change , it only send ONE TIME
when it found the error , what can I do ? thanks
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Login ID ust3 is currently in read-only mode for multiple infractions. Creating new identities to avoid restrictions is not allowed. This thread is closed.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 02-18-2014 at 02:50 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help? Any method to send system alert email?

Dear All, I am a newer of Unix Administrator. I would like to know any way to make Unix syslog critical error send automatically to me by email. Then I don't need to check it manually and frequency everyday. Any suggestion? Thanks for all your kindly help. Jacky (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITJacky
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to send alert mail

hi, i need to monitor a cron job that runs every 5 mins. if this cron job does not process the request for more than 6 hrs, an alert mail should be sent. how do i achieve this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smurala
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use SSH to connect to Primary DB and send alert mail

Hi All, AIX 5.3 64 bit: I am using the below shell script the objective is: Objective: ======== Use SQL*Plus to query the MAX(SEQUENCE#) from both databases V$LOG_HISTORY view. If the STANDBY appears to be falling behind,then send alert mail through the below shell script: How... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a script to send alert for some particular hours in a day

Hi All, I have a have a script which checks for some processes whether they are running or not and if they are not running then it send a mail specifying that the processes are not running. This particular script example abc.ksh is runs in a cron like this 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
5 Replies

5. AIX

How to send alert by email whenever failed login

Hi, I want to write a script to send alert by email whenever any failed login to the AIX. Can anyone tell how to do that? Thanks! Victor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Poll for a file. If not present...Send a alert mail

Dear Experts, I have a requirement where a 3rd party system places a file in my folder.I am running on HP UNIX. I would like to have a unix script which will check for the existence of the file. If yes OK. if the file is not placed then it has to send a mail to couple of emails ids saying that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send alert if any changes are made in crontab.

Hi i want to know how can i write a script to check if any changes are made and send an alert in crontabs . i am using .ksh file extension for writing scripts. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exists if not send an alert

Hi, Im looking to write a script to check if a file exists and if it doesnt then send an email out, Ive found the below code but I don't understand the ! in the if statement can anyone explain? Any help will be much appreciated #!/bin/bash if then echo "File not exists" |... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send mail alert

HI Guys, I am writing one shell script to send the mail alert to some email id's if the file not modified in last 10 mins but its not working, I believe MTIME is null string is wrong . can you please assist me on this. script :- filename="abc.txt" echo "Filename is $filename"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to send mail alert

Hi I have below shell script to send mail alert , however I want to add more functionality in this script and that is , script should only check that file between 9 am to 5pm , and if there is no activity in this time 9 am to 5 pm for 2hours then it should give me mail alert, please help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scazed
2 Replies
alert(3alleg4)                                                    Allegro manual                                                    alert(3alleg4)

NAME
alert - Displays a popup alert box. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int alert(const char *s1, *s2, *s3, const char *b1, *b2, int c1, c2); DESCRIPTION
Displays a popup alert box, containing three lines of text (s1-s3), and with either one or two buttons. The text for these buttons is passed in `b1' and `b2' (`b2' may be NULL), and the keyboard shortcuts in `c1' and `c2' as ASCII value. Example: if (!exists(CONFIG_FILE)) alert(CONFIG_FILE, "not found.", "Using defaults.", "&Continue", NULL, 'c', 0); RETURN VALUE
Returns 1 or 2 depending on which button was clicked. If the alert is dismissed by pressing ESC when ESC is not one of the keyboard short- cuts, it treats it as a click on the second button (this is consistent with the common "Ok", "Cancel" alert). SEE ALSO
alert3(3alleg4), gui_fg_color(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), expackf(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 alert(3alleg4)