Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insterting column in csv from multiple files Post 302888856 by spacebar on Monday 17th of February 2014 08:19:54 PM
Old 02-17-2014
Take a look at the "join" command but you will need to assign a key to each record so that it will join 1 to 1, 2 to 2 and so on.

You could also do it all in one script, this is a quick little perl script as an example
:
Code:
my $in_file_1   =  '/temp/tmp/m';             ## file with quoted strings
my $in_file_2   =  '/temp/tmp/t';             ## csv file with text to join info from file_1 to
#my $out_file    =  '/temp/tmp/new_file.txt';
my $line_f1;
my $line_f2;
my $out_line;

# hash for values that have a replacement with value
my %replacement_values = (
 'PC'        => 'PC',
 'Core,'     => 'Core',
 '3,'        => '3',
 '7,200'     => '7200',
 'site'      => 'site',
 'Cache,\)'  => 'Cache'
);

open ( my $in_file_fh_1, '<', $in_file_1  ) or die "Can't open $in_file_1 $!\n";
open ( my $in_file_fh_2, '<', $in_file_2  ) or die "Can't open $in_file_2 $!\n";
#open ( my $out_file_fh,  '>', $out_file   ) or die "Can't open $out_file $!\n";

while ( ! eof( $in_file_fh_1 ) and ! eof( $in_file_fh_2 ) ) {
  $line_f2    =  <$in_file_fh_2>;
    chomp $line_f2;
    # perform hash replacements
  ( $out_line =  $line_f2 )  =~  s/(@{[join '|', map { quotemeta($_) } keys %replacement_values]})/$replacement_values{$1}/g;
  # Remove specific text from line
  $out_line  =~  s![0-9]MB,*| *w *\/ *| Internal Dell Business Audio Speaker,| {2,}!!g;
  # Remove begininng and ending double quote
  $out_line  =~  s!^\"!!;
  $out_line  =~  s!\"$!!;

$line_f1   =  <$in_file_fh_1>;
    chomp $line_f1;
  # You could then split line($out_line) into array and write to out_file formatted as desired with with data from
  # csv file, html, etc.
  print $line_f1 . $out_line . "\n";
#  print $out_file_fh $out_line . "\n";

}

Last edited by Franklin52; 02-18-2014 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a column value in csv files

Hi all I am new to scripting and i have an application from which i will export into a csv file as follows Column1, Column2, Column3 Sno1, Folder\Test.txt, Fail Sno2, Folder\Test1.txt, Pass Sno3, Folder\Test2.txt, Fail Now i need to change the column2 in all the rows from "Folder\" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshrp
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Multiple text or csv files column-wise

Hi All I am trying to combine columns from multiple text files into a single file using paste command but the record length being unequal in the different files the data is running over to the closest empty cell on the left. Please see below. What can i do to resolve this ? File 1 File... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky_ibm
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sar -u generates multiple column headers in csv file

Hi All, The below sar -u command generates multiple column headers in csv file Expected output should print column headers only once in the csv file shell script: $cat sar_cpu_EBS.sh #!/bin/bash while ; do sar -u 15 1 | awk '/^/ {print $1,$2,$4,$6,$7}' | tr -s ' ' ',' >>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge two csv files using column name

Hi all, I have two separate csv files(comma delimited) file 1 and file 2. File 1 contains PAN,NAME,Salary AAAAA5467D,Raj,50000 AAFAC5467D,Ram,60000 BDCFA5677D,Kumar,90000 File 2 contains PAN,NAME,Dept,Salary ASDFG6756T,Karthik,ABC,450000 QWERT8765Y,JAX,CDR,780000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nivas
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row bind multiple csv files having different column headers

All, I guess by this time someone asked this kind of question, but sorry I am unable to find after a deep search. Here is my request I have many files out of which 2 sample files provided below. File-1 (with A,B as column headers) A,B 1,2 File-2 (with C, D as column headers) C,D 4,5 I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk or Shell script to compare Column-1 of two different CSV files and print if column-1 matche

Example: I have files in below format file 1: zxc,133,joe@example.com cst,222,xyz@example1.com File 2 Contains: hxd hcd jws zxc cst File 1 has 50000 lines and file 2 has around 30000 lines : Expected Output has to be : hxd hcd jws (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestPractice
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to copy a column of multiple files and paste into new excel file (next to column)?

I have data of an excel files as given below, file1 org1_1 1 1 2.5 100 org1_2 1 2 5.5 98 org1_3 1 3 7.2 88 file2 org2_1 1 1 2.5 100 org2_2 1 2 5.5 56 org2_3 1 3 7.2 70 I have multiple excel files as above shown. I have to copy column 1, column 4 and paste into a new excel file as... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
26 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I extract specific column in multiple csv files?

file1: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,47 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,13 GEThomeLayout,100,30466,0.00%,17 file2: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,33 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,22... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Export Oracle multiple tables to multiple csv files using UNIX shell scripting

Hello All, just wanted to export multiple tables from oracle sql using unix shell script to csv file and the below code is exporting only the first table. Can you please suggest why? or any better idea? export FILE="/abc/autom/file/geo_JOB.csv" Export= `sqlplus -s dev01/password@dEV3... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
16 Replies
mdbFontSize(5)							 The m17n Library						    mdbFontSize(5)

NAME
mdbFontSize - Font Size DESCRIPTION
In some case, a font contains incorrect information about its size (typically in the case of a hacked TrueType font), which results in a bad text layout when such a font is used in combination with the other fonts. To overcome this problem, the m17n library loads information about font-size adjustment from the m17n database by the tags <font, resize>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-SIZE-ADJUSTMENT ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ADJUST-RATIO ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ADJUST-RATIO ::= INTEGER FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. ADJUST-RATIO is an integer number specifying by percentage how much the font-size must be adjusted. For instance, this PER-FONT: ((devanagari-cdac) 150) instructs the font handler of the m17n library to open a font of 1.5 times bigger than a requested size on opening a font whose registry is 'devanagari-cdac'. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontSize(5)