Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ssh & sudo
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ssh & sudo Post 302888414 by jim mcnamara on Friday 14th of February 2014 07:22:53 AM
Old 02-14-2014
Unless you are root on the remote server, su will ask for a password. So I don't quite get what you are seeing.

Try this:
Code:
ssh -t usera@hosta sudo 'su - userb -c id'

This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xwindows over ssh after sudo?

ok...I'm stumped on this one. I cannot figure out how to carry over my environment variables with a sudo command. I need to install an application under root and only have sudo access to get there. I can use ssh -Y <host> and launch an xwindows session successfully as myself but as soon as I sudo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsl
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo and ssh

Hello, Can you config sudo to use the passphrase in the user ssh-key instead of the one in the passwd? Some users do not have local passwords on the system and instead of adding the NOPASSWD in sudoers I would like the solution I asked about above. Thx Jocke (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jOOc
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo and ssh

Hi, I would like to know how i can perform a task, while performing ssh, sudo and command at the same time. What I generally do is I ssh to the server, where i created private and public, so it does not prompt me for password all the time. Then i need to run "sudo su - ldaprole" to get into... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh and sudo login

Hi, I am trying to execute some command, via ssh and sudo. Here is what i want to do. ssh localhost | sudo su - ldaprole | ls -ltrh However, this command gives me listing of my home directory, and not of ldaprole. If I logic directly, when i perform sudo su - ldaprole, it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
5 Replies

5. Solaris

sudo for solaris 8 & 9

Dear ALL please can anyone tell me from where can i install sudo for solaris 8 & 9 and how i can install it in the solaris server . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo & chdev

I have an error when using chdev with sudo as follows; sudo chdev -l rmt0 -a block_size=512 chdev: 0514-518 Cannot access the CuDv object class in the device configuration database. I've added chdev in sudoers but still get the error, I guess it's something to do with CuDv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

8. Programming

Using Commands over SSH using Sudo

Is there a way to transfer my sudo password via ssh so that I can copy files remotely and pass them locally, so: cat sudo-passwd-file|ssh -t user@10.7.0.180 'sudo find / -depth|cpio -oacv|gzip' > /path/to/dir/file.cpio.gz I am in the process of a creating a script. Everytime I try and just... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in creating Sudo ssh script

Hi Experts, I am new to Shell scripting. I want to login to a server using a script. The normal command I use is --> sudo ssh <Servername> . when i tried putting this into a txt format file and tried running, it throw an error "can't execute". I am an Admin and i have root access. Any help would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tom1989
6 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Help on Ssh using sudo

I'm confused in the configuration of sudoers for one group of users. The users need to execute a app from a remote machine, in this local machine they want me to allow ssh for them using sudo for eg. sudo -u admin ssh -X euadmin@<IP address of remote> <remote script which opens a gui> It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandk
1 Replies
Config::Model::models::Ssh::PortForward(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	      Config::Model::models::Ssh::PortForward(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::models::Ssh::PortForward - Configuration class Ssh::PortForward DESCRIPTION
Configuration classes used by Config::Model Configuration class that represents the parameters required to specify port forwarding in a ssh configuration. Elements ipv6 Specify if the forward is specified iwth IPv6 or IPv4. Optional. Type boolean. bind_address - bind address to listen to Specify the address that the port will listen to. By default, only connections coming from localhost (127.0.0.1) will be forwarded. By default, the local port is bound in accordance with the GatewayPorts setting. However, an explicit bind_address may be used to bind the connection to a specific address. The bind_address of 'localhost' indicates that the listening port be bound for local use only, while an empty address or '*' indicates that the port should be available from all interfaces.Optional. Type uniline. port Listening port. Connection made to this port will be forwarded to the other side of the tunnel.Mandatory. Type uniline. host - host name or address Mandatory. Type uniline. hostport - destination port Port number to connect the tunnel to.Mandatory. Type uniline. SEE ALSO
o cme AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont COPYRIGHT
2009-2011 Dominique Dumont LICENSE
LGPL2 perl v5.14.2 2012-10-29 Config::Model::models::Ssh::PortForward(3pm)