Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare files in directories with md5sum Post 302888036 by Jomeaide on Wednesday 12th of February 2014 10:46:09 AM
Old 02-12-2014
RedHat Compare files in directories with md5sum

And not to start. I can compare files, that's easy. The problem is that I compare files in a directory, and check if these files exist in another directory. The problem is that the file names are not the same. So I have to compare with "md5sum" or something similar. How I can do?

All this in python.

Thanks! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files from two directories

HI, i want to compare one file from one directory to many files in other directory. means in my /DIR/20070930/b/STG* directory i have only one file and in /DIR/20070930/a/STG* directory i have many files. so i want to check the name of that files should be present in other directory or not ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi214u
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare files in two directories and output changed files to third directory

I have searched about 30 threads, a load of Google pages and cannot find what I am looking for. I have some of the parts but not the whole. I cannot seem to get the puzzle fit together. I have three folders, two of which contain different versions of multiple files, dist/file1.php dist/file2.php... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkeep
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare all files under directories

Hello I am very new to Unix. I am actually using the C shell to write a program that will compare all the files in the directory and subdirectores and print out the ones that are identical, I am assuming identical by name or text Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ga.miami56
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare files in 2 directories?

Hi, I want to compare the content of 2 directories and list down both the duplicate and unique files from each directory. Tried to use diff but but not able to achieve the result. For example, DirA FileX FileY FileZ DirB FileY The desired outcome is Duplication: FileY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andre_2008
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare two files in different directories

Hi all , Can any one give me the solution for below query. I have two files . firstfile: xyz123 abc234 text2456 secondfile (\home\test) xyz123:ram ab34:scrit text2456:maven After you compare the ouput should the the common items in both files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravan008
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare files in two directories

Hi All, I have two directories that has some files, some of the files are common to both of them like : ls -l dir1 file1 file2 file3 ls -l dir2 file1 file2 file3 file4 file5 Now i want to get the files from dir2 that are not present in dir1 (means i want to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files of 2 directories

Hi all, I have 2 directories dir1 and dir2 which contains many xml files. I need to compare files of dir1 with that of dir2 and if they match, I need to cut it from dir1 and paste it in dir2. I need to do this thru scripts. I'm currently investigating on the diff command. Please help me write... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frum
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare md5sum two servers' setup

I'm trying to think of a way to compare two boxes and make sure their files will be the same. There may be extra files on one side and some on the other. I also need to make sure the file content is identical. So far I've gotten this to create a file find /directorypath/ -type f -name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect in Bash - and then compare md5sum

I'm running on a staging server. I will need to use expect and I think ssh or scp to the other boxes. I need to see something like this....Enter:Host 1 Enter:Host 2 Enter full directory path to compare: example /apps/acd/jboss-customer1/ Enter User Id: Enter Password: ( Assumes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two md5sum

Hello, First of all I want to apologize because i'm not a admin or coder and maybe all my efforts to write only this small script in my life would need one week full time reading man pages and forums but... I don't have the money to offer me to get this time and the script I want to do seems... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: toscan
5 Replies
PYCENTRAL()															       PYCENTRAL()

NAME
pycentral - register and build utility for Python packages SYNOPSIS
pycentral [-h] [-v] <cmd> [<cmd options>] [<args>] DESCRIPTION
pycentral provides support for installing python modules independent of the current installed Python version and handling byte-compilation and -removal tasks in installation scripts. OPTIONS
-v, --version Limit the output to the version numbers of the python versions. -h, --help Print a help text. pycentral has the following sub commands. For fine grained help, call: pycentral <cmd>. bccompile Byte compile .py files in a package. bcremove Remove the byte compiled .py files. list List all managed files. pkginstall Make a package available for all supported runtimes. pkgprepare Prepare a package for all supported runtimes. pkgremove Remove a package installed for all supported runtimes. pkglist List pycentral-managed files of a package for all supported runtimes. rtinstall Make installed packages available for this runtime. rtremove Remove packages installed for this runtime. updatedefault Update the default python version. debhelper move files to pycentral locaation, variable substitutions (called by dh_pycentral). pycentraldir <package> Show the installation directory used by pycentral for <package>. showdefault Show default python version number. Deprecated, use pyversions(1) showsupported Show the supported python versions. Deprecated, use pyversions(1) showversions Show version numbers of supported python versions. Deprecated, use pyversions(1) dh_pycentral, should not be called directly). version Show the pycentral version. FILES
/etc/python/debian_config is searched for the attribute overwrite-local. If set to 1, or True, existing files in /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/*-packages are overwritten with symbolic links to the pycentral install area. The default is to abort the installation of a package, when files already exist. This behaviour may be useful, when python libraries were manually installed into this directory. The attribute byte-compile can be set to a comma separated list of the values standard and optimze to indicate how files should be byte- compiled. SEE ALSO
pyversions(1), Python policy. AUTHOR
Matthias Klose PYCENTRAL()