Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file Post 302887883 by Corona688 on Tuesday 11th of February 2014 10:59:02 AM
Old 02-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd1234
thanks carona.. I did this... inputs and output are coming as below.. any way to start file's content in next line?
What generated your input files? It neglected to put ending linefeeds on them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep in order based on the input file

Here is an answer rather than a question that I thought I would share. In my first attempt, I was using grep to find a list from file.1 within another file, file.2 which I then needed to paste the output from file.3 to file.1 in the same order. However, the results weren't what I wanted. At... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a new file from 2 files as input to the script

Hi- I am hoping someone can give me some pointers to get me started. I have a file which contains some dn's .e.g file 1 cn=bob,cn=user,dc=com cn=kev,cn=user,dc=com cn=john,cn=user,dc=com I have a second file e.g. file.template which looks something like :- dn: <dn> objectclass:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge of two input file by search

Hi i am running a issue with the way i handel open file in perl i have the following input file <File1> D33963|BNS Default Swap|-261564.923909249| D24484|BNS Default Swap|-53356.6868058492| D24485|BNS Default Swap|-21180.9904679111| D33965|BNS Default Swap|154181.478745804|... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kykyboss
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files with an input for directories and an input for path/file

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how best to approach this script, and I have very little experience, so I could use all the help I can get. :wall: I regularly need to delete files from many directories. A file with the same name may exist any number of times in different subdirectories.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *ShadowCat*
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read user input, Encrypt the data and write to file

Hi, can some one help me how to encrypt and decrypt a file. AIM: reade user input, encrypt it and save it to file. while decryption read the encrypted file decrypt it and save the output in some variable. Example: consider we have Credentials.txt file with content username: password... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two input files and concatenate the rest

Hi Guys, I need a help to creating a bash script to merging two files that containing not in order pattern into single file also within that single file I need to concatenate and manipulate the string from two files. Appreciate for any kind help given. Thanks. Here are the input files:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabriel
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge input from two files into one based on conditions

Using Linux (bash), I have two files which contain information about berries. Example: file1.txt: Blueberry blue 14 Raspberry red 12 Blackberry dark 4 file2.txt Blackberry sour 4 3 Blueberry tasty 12 78 Strawberry yummy 33 88 I want to merge these two files into one. The desired... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zooma
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input from Keyboard, do not proceed if no input

Hi, I am working on a script, which requests users to enter input. Ex: read -p "Please enter your email id:" email I don't want users skipping this entry, this has to be mandatory.I dont want to proceed without input. I can do a check if variable $email is empty and proceed if not.But, i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindadla
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input write multply output with creteria

Hi All Please Help Read input write multply output with creteria Exemple i have file abc 111 444 abc 111 444 def 111 444 def111 444 bbb 111 444 bbb 111 444 i would need write 3 files pos 1-3 is the Criteria output would be file1 contains abc file2 def file3 bbb ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonyk334
3 Replies
CMPCI(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  CMPCI(4)

NAME
cmpci -- C-Media CMI8x38 audio device driver SYNOPSIS
cmpci* at pci? dev ? function ? audio* at audiobus? mpu* at cmpci? opl* at cmpci? flags 1 DESCRIPTION
The cmpci device driver supports C-Media CMI8x38 based sound cards. The device has SPDIF input/output interfaces, 16bit CODEC with analog mixer, OPL3 FM Synthesizer, and MPU401 compatible MIDI I/O port inter- face. MIXER DEVICE
The mixer device of cmpci driver can be accessed via mixerctl(1) command. The complex structure is analyzed as follows. SPDIF in ---------------------- #1(coax)->|spdin1 | R ----------------------- #2(opt)-->|spdin2 spdif.input |--*->--|spdin spdif.output |--> SPDIF -->|spdout | | -->|playback | output | ---------------------- | | ----------------------- --------------------<------+-* ---------<-------------------+-+---------------------------------- | ------------------------ | | ----------------------- | -->|legacy spdif.output. |--+-*-->|spdout | | -->|wave playback | ----->|spdin spdif.monitor |---- | | ------------------------ NC-|off | | | ---------<-- spdif ----------------------- | | -------+------- dac ------------ ----------------- v | wave -->|playback.mode|---->|inputs.dac|-*->|inputs.dac.mute|->----- | playback --------------- ------------ R ----------------- | + | | ----------------- --------------------- |mix| | FM synthesizer -->|inputs.fmsynth |--*->|inputs.fmsynth.mute|-->----- | ----------------- R --------------------- *->-- CD ---------------------- --------------------------- v LINE-IN ->|inputs.{cd,line,aux}|-*>|inputs.{cd,line,aux}.mute|->----- AUX ---------------------- R --------------------------- | | ------------------ | | PC-SPK -->| inputs.speaker |----------------------------------->| + | ------------------ | | ------------------- ------------ ----------------- |mix| MIC --*-->|inputs.mic.preamp|->|inputs.mic|->|inputs.mic.mute|->| | | ------------------- ------------ ----------------- ----- | ------------ ----------------- | --->|record.mic|-->| | v ------------ | record.source |-->to ----------- *R-->| (select, mix) | recording |outputs.*|--> ----------------- ----------- SPK (front) Note the 2nd SPDIF input exists only on CMI8738/PCI-6ch versions. MIXER EXAMPLES
Here are examples about wave playback and SPDIF input/output ports. Playback to speaker, SPDIF input to SPDIF output mixerctl -w playback.mode=dac spdif.output=spdin spdif.monitor=off Playback to SPDIF output, SPDIF input to speaker mixerctl -w playback.mode=spdif spdif.output=playback spdif.output.playback=wave spdif.monitor=spdin SPDIF input to both SPDIF output and speaker mixerctl -w spdif.output=spdin spdif.monitor=spdin Playback to both SPDIF output and speaker mixerctl -w playback.mode=spdif spdif.output=playback spdif.output.playback=wave spdif.monitor=spdout Mix playback and SPDIF input to speaker mixerctl -w playback.mode=dac spdif.monitor=spdin SEE ALSO
mixerctl(1), audio(4), midi(4), mpu(4), opl(4), pci(4) HISTORY
The cmpci device driver appeared in NetBSD 1.5. BUGS
4ch/6ch playback is not yet available. Joystick port is not supported. spdif.output.playback=legacy does not seem to work properly. BSD
June 22, 2005 BSD