Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to backup ZFS filesystems to files on USB drive? Post 302887819 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 11th of February 2014 02:42:02 AM
Old 02-11-2014
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on external USB drive using UNIX?

Hi Folks, I'm a serious UNIX newbie... I'm using a bash shell on Mac OS X. Basically I took up unix in order to use a specific image processing software package... I've learned enough to write a script to batch process all of my images, but I have so many that I would like to use an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slanter
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris System State & filesystems backup

Hi , We are using Veritas Net Backup , I want to create a new policy for backing up the (Solaris Operating System & the file systems) only the OS. not Full backup because we have an other policy for Oracle Apps and it takes full backup for all Partitions. I need the OS backup to be in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Jumpstart: creating zfs filesystems

Is it possible to create zfs pools and filesystems using the profile file in jumpstart? edit to add: using Solaris 10 Release 11/06 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

4. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Adding and removing ZFS filesystems in Zones

I have a Solaris 10 container that is running on ZFS filesystems being presented from the Global Zone. I have a filesystem presented to the Local zone and my user wants me to remove it. It there any way I can remove this while the zone is running? I tried unmounting it from the local zone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
0 Replies

6. SCO

Complete backup of system spanning all filesystems

how would a make a complete backup of all files spanning all file systems on my SCO box to tape? i read somewhere: find . -print | cpio -ocv > /dev/rStp0 from / ... will this do it?? (yes /dev/rStp0 is my tape drive) (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Backup files to tape drive on solaris

Hi, I want to take backup of files older than 20 days from a directory onto a tape drive on remote machine on Solaris. The files are of format abc-20100301000000.gz on my local machine. I know the below commands for searching files older than x days and command for backup procedure. solar1 #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
7 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS adding new filesystems to a non-global zone

Hi Guys I have one Global Zone and 2 non-global zones. root@solar109 # zoneadm list -icv ID NAME STATUS PATH BRAND IP 0 global running / native shared 20 solar109b running ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fryzh
1 Replies

9. SuSE

In KDE Copy completed not always mean files were copied to USB flash drive - how to fix it?

I have noticed that when I copy files to flash disk and in UI I see message copy completed in notification area on task bar, usually copy is not completed. So, if I eject the media I loose data. It is very serious problem because may cause loss of valuable and even critical data. Moreover, when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwalker
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to take backup of ZFS file system on a tape drive?

Hi Guys, I want to take backup of a ZFS file system on tape drive. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks, Pras (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)