Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin Post 302887724 by vbe on Monday 10th of February 2014 11:46:48 AM
Old 02-10-2014
In other words you want an office Job, SYSADMIN isnt one... that is why the wage is also different... you cant have both...
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New Suse Linux Admin ?

I have just been handed two new Suse 7.2 Linux systems to Administer. We are wanting to setup monitoring of applications, file system space, etc. Are there standard log directories that an experienced Admin would put scripts, log files, documentation, etc. or just put it under the /root Home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darthur
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Name 10 commands every Linux and Unix admin should know

I'm working on further developing my Unix skills and I'm just curious what some of the experienced admins out there would consider to be 10 essential commands every admin should know. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arkitech
12 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

4. Linux

Linux admin

Hi, Please give some important admin command document . which is helpful in my role. THanks, Mani (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

I want to become a Linux admin..

Hi , I have skill set in unix/shell scripting. But I would like to become a linux admin..So could you please help on this.. 1) what are the things need to be learn, 2) any reference should be appreciable. 3) or any website.. THanks, Mani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies
DBIx::Class::Admin(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     DBIx::Class::Admin(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Admin - Administration object for schemas SYNOPSIS
$ dbicadmin --help $ dbicadmin --schema=MyApp::Schema --connect='["dbi:SQLite:my.db", "", ""]' --deploy $ dbicadmin --schema=MyApp::Schema --class=Employee --connect='["dbi:SQLite:my.db", "", ""]' --op=update --set='{ "name": "New_Employee" }' use DBIx::Class::Admin; # ddl manipulation my $admin = DBIx::Class::Admin->new( schema_class=> 'MY::Schema', sql_dir=> $sql_dir, connect_info => { dsn => $dsn, user => $user, password => $pass }, ); # create SQLite sql $admin->create('SQLite'); # create SQL diff for an upgrade $admin->create('SQLite', {} , "1.0"); # upgrade a database $admin->upgrade(); # install a version for an unversioned schema $admin->install("3.0"); REQUIREMENTS
The Admin interface has additional requirements not currently part of DBIx::Class. See DBIx::Class::Optional::Dependencies for more details. ATTRIBUTES
schema_class the class of the schema to load schema A pre-connected schema object can be provided for manipulation resultset a resultset from the schema to operate on where a hash ref or json string to be used for identifying data to manipulate set a hash ref or json string to be used for inserting or updating data attrs a hash ref or json string to be used for passing additional info to the ->search call connect_info connect_info the arguments to provide to the connect call of the schema_class config_file config_file provide a config_file to read connect_info from, if this is provided config_stanze should also be provided to locate where the connect_info is in the config The config file should be in a format readable by Config::Any. config_stanza config_stanza for use with config_file should be a '::' delimited 'path' to the connection information designed for use with catalyst config files config Instead of loading from a file the configuration can be provided directly as a hash ref. Please note config_stanza will still be required. sql_dir The location where sql ddl files should be created or found for an upgrade. sql_type The type of sql dialect to use for creating sql files from schema version Used for install, the version which will be 'installed' in the schema preversion Previous version of the schema to create an upgrade diff for, the full sql for that version of the sql must be in the sql_dir force Try and force certain operations. quiet Be less verbose about actions trace Toggle DBIx::Class debug output METHODS
create Arguments: $sqlt_type, \%sqlt_args, $preversion "create" will generate sql for the supplied schema_class in sql_dir. The flavour of sql to generate can be controlled by supplying a sqlt_type which should be a SQL::Translator name. Arguments for SQL::Translator can be supplied in the sqlt_args hashref. Optional preversion can be supplied to generate a diff to be used by upgrade. upgrade Arguments: <none> upgrade will attempt to upgrade the connected database to the same version as the schema_class. MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR DB FIRST install Arguments: $version install is here to help when you want to move to DBIx::Class::Schema::Versioned and have an existing database. install will take a version and add the version tracking tables and 'install' the version. No further ddl modification takes place. Setting the force attribute to a true value will allow overriding of already versioned databases. deploy Arguments: $args deploy will create the schema at the connected database. $args are passed straight to "deploy" in DBIx::Class::Schema. insert Arguments: $rs, $set insert takes the name of a resultset from the schema_class and a hashref of data to insert into that resultset update Arguments: $rs, $set, $where update takes the name of a resultset from the schema_class, a hashref of data to update and a where hash used to form the search for the rows to update. delete Arguments: $rs, $where, $attrs delete takes the name of a resultset from the schema_class, a where hashref and a attrs to pass to ->search. The found data is deleted and cannot be recovered. select Arguments: $rs, $where, $attrs select takes the name of a resultset from the schema_class, a where hashref and a attrs to pass to ->search. The found data is returned in a array ref where the first row will be the columns list. AUTHOR
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself perl v5.18.2 2014-01-08 DBIx::Class::Admin(3)