Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10: How to just open a port - nothing else Post 302887035 by jlliagre on Wednesday 5th of February 2014 07:39:20 AM
Old 02-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by System
There are no log-Information. My question is simple and easy to solve in Linux but on Solaris I gave up.
- So how do you solve it under Linux ?
- What makes you think the port is closed in the first place ? i.e. what makes you think the firewall if any is involved ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

open an port on freebsd

i have made some thing with leds on it. i put it directly on the printer port. in dos and windows i can send data to it with outp(0x378,123); and then have some leds on and some leds off. i found out that it is possible linux with same assembly (after searching much.). but i want to have those led... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurrien
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 to many open port

hi all, My OS is solaris 8 with core system installation only. so far everything works fine. by i do some testing from my xp pc as client to nmap and scan opening port to my solaris. the result as below: Initiating SYN Stealth Scan against 10.10.10.10 at 16:25 Discovered open port 21/tcp on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hezry79
3 Replies

3. Linux

open port

How can I open a port on linux machine ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to open 3966 port in solaris

Unable to open 3966 port for buildforge in Solaris 10, anyone pls help me how to open the 3966 port in solaris. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Open port in Solaris 8 (not accessible from outside)

Hello guys, I've recentrly installed a Tomcat server in our Solaris 8 servers, and while it's properly configured and running already, I can't access the port from outside the network segment the server is on. I.e., we have 4 servers in the same segment (consecutive IP addresses), and if I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acapulco
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Open port on Solaris 10

Hi All, I am installing Infosphere (ETL tool) on solaris 10. One of the requirement is to open multiple ports for different apps that will be installed. I ran netstat -n | grep 9080 (,etc) but that did not return anything. I have attached the requirement. Can anyone guide me about how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Is it possible to install Solaris softwares on Open Solaris or Open Indiana?

Hi there, I'm sorry in advance if my question seems stupid, but I can't figure out myself. I was wondering. Is it possible to install a Solaris program on an Open Solaris or Open Indiana operating system? After searching the web for a long time, it seems that Open Solaris was released by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firstpost
7 Replies

9. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)