Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Ssh to windows from linx Post 302886625 by ahmedwaseem2000 on Sunday 2nd of February 2014 10:30:58 PM
Old 02-02-2014
[Solved] Ssh to windows from linx

Hi,

I was trying to ssh to windows server from linux box(red hat). I am a bit confused about where to generate the keys. Should I generate the keys in linux and place it in windows or other way around. I have installed openssh package in cygwin on the windows box. can someone please tell me where to generate the keys?

Thanks!!

---------- Post updated at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:14 PM ----------

I got it. generated in Linux and placed it in windows and its working fine now.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linx and Unix

Im new to Unix and Linx. This may be a stupid question.:p Is Unix and Linx very simlar. Where can I get my hands on Lynix and Unix??? Did'nt redhat used to be free at one stage. Sorry for all the question. :confused: :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evo
3 Replies

2. Solaris

[Solved] SSH Query differences Solaris 9/10

Hi, I am trying to SSH without a password from a Solaris 10 box to a Solaris 9 box. I am not using root user but file permissions seem to be fine... Can anyone tell me why this might not be working?! I can successfully SSH without a password from the Solaris 9 box to the Solaris 10 box,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Using SSH in bash script

Hello, I am writing a script that has to log in to X number of servers over a full C class range. I am only keyed on a certain number of these servers and this can change from time to time. The part of my script that deals with this is for i in $(cat $server_list); do ssh ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinireland
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run command with ssh[solved]

Hi all, Is it possible to make this possible ? $ echo $SKY_HOME /var/sink/SKY $ echo $SKY_HOME /home/smily/SKY $ ssh root@xyz "echo $SKY_HOME" root@xyz 's password: ****** /home/smily/SKY wrong output I was expecting the output as /var/sink/SKY (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH and Backticks [solved]

I have been testing a new script and cannot figure out why my `cat spath` will not execute on the remote machine? sudo ssh -p 22344 -o "PasswordAuthentication no" -o "HostbasedAuthentication yes" -l testuser 192.168.1.6 "find `cat spath` -depth" cat: spath: No such file or directory but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Not able to read the next line from a file after doing ssh

Hi, I am trying to write a code, where it reads the jobnames from a file and checks for the logs in the server. If the log is not found in the first server, then it will ssh to the 2nd server and get the details from there. I will need to save the date in a variable. But the problem is that,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] Process ssh command in while loop

I have a script that reads a file containing a list of server names. It's suppose to loop through the list of names and execute a command on the remote server using ssh. It processes the ssh command for the first server in the list and then exits. Here's the code: #!/bin/bash ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

[Solved] How to open x windows in HP-UX?

in my BL 860 server, i have installed HP-UX. X11 and Xserver is installed in it by default. now how to use x windows? can some body help? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashpalkaur
4 Replies
XUnmapWindow(3X11)														XUnmapWindow(3X11)

NAME
XUnmapWindow, XUnmapSubwindows - unmap windows SYNOPSIS
XUnmapWindow(display, w) Display *display; Window w; XUnmapSubwindows(display, w) Display *display; Window w; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the window. DESCRIPTION
The XUnmapWindow function unmaps the specified window and causes the X server to generate an UnmapNotify event. If the specified window is already unmapped, XUnmapWindow has no effect. Normal exposure processing on formerly obscured windows is performed. Any child window will no longer be visible until another map call is made on the parent. In other words, the subwindows are still mapped but are not visible until the parent is mapped. Unmapping a window will generate Expose events on windows that were formerly obscured by it. XUnmapWindow can generate a BadWindow error. The XUnmapSubwindows function unmaps all subwindows for the specified window in bottom-to-top stacking order. It causes the X server to generate an UnmapNotify event on each subwindow and Expose events on formerly obscured windows. Using this function is much more efficient than unmapping multiple windows one at a time because the server needs to perform much of the work only once, for all of the windows, rather than for each window. XUnmapSubwindows can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
XChangeWindowAttributes(3X11), XConfigureWindow(3X11), XCreateWindow(3X11), XDestroyWindow(3X11), XMapWindow(3X11), XRaiseWindow(3X11) Xlib -- C Language X Interface XUnmapWindow(3X11)