Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX LVM: is possible to replace a disk? Post 302886570 by vbe on Saturday 1st of February 2014 06:39:25 PM
Old 02-01-2014
Since you didn't give the OS version I would say no… but not quite…
if all can be brought back to one disk, then you could vgreduce, add the new disk,vgextend etc… but you will get caught by max PP per pv… I know there was no (official) solution under 11.11 but if you knew well HP support team you could have got vgmodify command but its was still limited, thoughI did this a few times I never went on add something more than 3-4 times the original size, it was mostly replacing in L classes the 18GB by 36 GB disks… now I know the command was included in later release but which? I don't remember sit sure 11.31 has it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Size of LVM header in non bootable disk

hi, i have a query regarding the size of the LVM header. Since the LVM header of a bootable disk is always 2912KB. The header size of a non bootable disk is not fixed. In Bootable disk after the LVM header (2912 KB=5824 sectors)the user data starts or we can say LV extents starts. If i extend any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorayen
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

disk adding through lvm

Hi dear(s) Can u explain how to add a disk through lvm with commands. I need to add a 9 gb scsi HS disk to a Hp D class 9000 server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumar.R
2 Replies

3. AIX

disk space shortage, how to migrate to LVM?

Hello I'm working on AIX 6.1. I inherited something I do not know and now I need to bring it into the line. # df -m Filesystem MB blocks Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd4 | 256.00 | 87.09 | 66% / /dev/hd2 | 4608.00 | 82.45 | 99%... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: michalwu
11 Replies

4. AIX

Disk I/O Issue using LVM

We have a filesystem which contains 8 hard disks but i am facing disk I/O issue becuase data is not spreading across all the disks.Is there any way i can check how data is spreading and any parameter we need to change to spread ata across all disks. OS--AIX 5.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukatru
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Remove Faulty disk from HP-UX LVM VG

Requirement to remove a faulty mirrored disk from hp-ux LVM <root@pdwp1s>/etc # vgdisplay -v /dev/vg00 vgdisplay: Warning: couldn't query physical volume "/dev/dsk/c2t0d0": The specified path does not correspond to physical volume attached to this volume group vgdisplay: Warning: couldn't... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
9 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

LVM recovery, Hard disk broken

Hi I am new on your forum, because I need some help. I have a server with debian and proxmox 2. The HardDisk is broken. I am in rescue mode, and I can't mount LVM partition to recover my backups. What I've already done : # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 2000.4 GB, 2000398934016 bytes 255... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pppplu
0 Replies

7. SuSE

Problem migrating disk attached to the same vg (lvm)

Hi, I'm trying to migrate the content of disk 'A' to disk 'B', that they belong to the same vg 'data'_vg'. Whe using pvmove, I get the following error: 'device-mapper: suspend ioctl failed: Interrupted system call'. I put down the whole trace: pvmove -v "source_disk" "sink_disk" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Begnux
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - restore metadata on other disk

Hi guys, I would like to ask your opinion about my theory, how to fix my broken LVM without risking any data loss. I use Archlinux at home. I just love this distro, even it gives me a lots of work (particularly after system updates). Basic system spec: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyynxxx
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM, Troubles with adding another Disk

I am having trouble with LVM and one of my physical volumes. Using Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 I was trying to set up LVM across two disks (not containing the OS or Home). First I created the initial Physical Volume, the Volume Group, and the Logical volume, and everything seemed fine. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JR_ULFOR
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Patch PHKL_31216 and PHCO_30698 HP-UX 11.11 for replace a LVM mirror boot disk

Hi, I have old server hp rp 3440 hp-ux 11.11. One mirrored disk is faulty. I need spesial patch PHKL_31216 and PHCO_30698, which give to correctly remove disk. Unfortunately I don't have access to hp support site. Please help me find it patch. regards,Andre (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andre9
0 Replies
PVCK(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   PVCK(8)

NAME
pvck - check physical volume metadata SYNOPSIS
pvck [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] [--labelsector] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...] DESCRIPTION
pvck checks physical volume LVM metadata for consistency. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --labelsector sector By default, 4 sectors of PhysicalVolume are scanned for an LVM label, starting at sector 0. This parameter allows you to specify a different starting sector for the scan and is useful for recovery situations. For example, suppose the partition table is corrupted or lost on /dev/sda, but you suspect there was an LVM partition at approximately 100 MB. This area of the disk may be scanned by using the --labelsector parameter with a value of 204800 (100 * 1024 * 1024 / 512 = 204800): pvck --labelsector 204800 /dev/sda Note that a script can be used with --labelsector to automate the process of finding LVM labels. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvscan(8) vgck(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) PVCK(8)