Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changes of text in a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changes of text in a file Post 302886199 by Don Cragun on Thursday 30th of January 2014 04:09:58 AM
Old 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay Hegde
First of all I would like to thank you for moderator comment you posted. Don I really didn't notice it as it was merged like single file, and there was some unclear description some "flat file", I did not remember all...he must have edited. I think you might get in post history.

... ... ...

Regards,
Akshay
In the original posting, the 1st line was untagged. The remainder of the post was surrounded by a single set of CODE tags.

I made the only edit to that posting. My edit surrounded the input and output in separate CODE tags leaving the other "descriptive" text untagged. I also added the moderator's comment.

- Don

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping text file of ip addressese and output to text file

I am basically a scripting noob, I have some programming logic, and I wouldn't post here if my 3 hours of searching actually found something. So far this is what I have: " #! /bin/ksh List=./pinglist1.txt cat $List | while read ip do Pingable="" ping $ip -n 2 | awk '/100%/ {print... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lasthitlarry
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I bcp out a table into a text file including the header row in the text file

Hi All, I need to BCP out a table into a text file along with the table headers. Normal BCP out command only bulk copies the data, and not the headers. I am using the following command: bcp database1..table1 out file1.dat -c -t\| -b1000 -A8192 -Uuser -Ppassword -efile.dat.err Regards,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_acc
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple text file from a single text file on AIX

Hi I need to create multiple text files from onc text file on AIX. The data of text files is as below: ********************************************** ********************************************** DBVERIFY: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Tue Nov 10 13:45:42 2009 Copyright (c) 1982,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search text file in file if this file contains necessary text (awk,grep)

Hello friends! Help me pls to write correct awk and grep statements for my task: I have got files with name filename.txt It has such structure: Start of file FROM: address@domen.com (12...890) abc DATE: 11/23/2009 on Std SUBJECT: any subject End of file So, I must check, if this file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyme
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting a text file with irregular spacing into a space delimited text file?

I have a text file with irregular spacing between values which makes it really difficult to manipulate. Is there an easy way to convert it into a space delimited text file so that all the spaces, double spaces, triple spaces, tabs between numbers are converted into spaces. The file looks like this:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep multiple lines from a text file using another text file?

I would like to use grep to select multiple lines from a text file using a single-column text file. Basically I want to only select lines from the first text file where the second column of the first text file matches the second text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete records based on a text file from a text file

Hi Folks, I am a novice and need to build a script in bash. I have 2 text files data.txt file is big file, column 2 is the we need to search and delete in the output. The filter file contains the rows to be deleted. Data.txt state city zone Alabama Huntsville 4 California SanDiego 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text from file 1 to file 2 and return specific text

I hope this makes sense and is possible. I am trying to match $1 of panel_genes.txt with $3 of RefSeqGene.txt and when a match is found the value in $6 of RefSeqGene.txt Example: ACTA2 is $1 of panel_genes.txt ACTA2 NM_001613.2 ACTA2 NM_001141945.1 awk 'FNR==NR {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
wrjpgcom(1)							   User Commands						       wrjpgcom(1)

NAME
wrjpgcom - insert text comments into a JPEG file SYNOPSIS
wrjpgcom [-replace] [-comment text] [-cfile name] [filename] DESCRIPTION
wrjpgcom reads the named JPEG or JFIF file, or the standard input if no file is named, and generates a new JPEG or JFIF file on the stan- dard output. A comment block is added to the file. The JPEG standard allows "comment" (COM) blocks to occur within a JPEG file. Although the standard does not actually define the intended function of COM blocks, they are widely used to hold user-supplied text strings. This enables you to add annotations, titles, index terms, and so on to your JPEG files, and later retrieve the COM blocks as text. COM blocks do not interfere with the image stored in the JPEG file. The maximum size of a COM block is 64K, but you can have many COM blocks in one JPEG file. wrjpgcom adds a COM block, containing text that you provide, to a JPEG file. Ordinarily, the COM block is added after any existing COM blocks, but you can delete the old COM blocks if you wish. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -cfile name Read the text for a new COM block from the named file. -comment text Supply the text for a new COM block on the command line. -replace Delete any existing COM blocks from the file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the JPEG file to which you want to add text comments. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
To add only one line of comment text, use the -comment option to provide the text on the command line. Specify the comment text within quotes, so that the text is treated as a single argument. Longer comments can be read from a text file. If you specify neither the -comment nor the -cfile option, wrjpgcom reads the comment text from standard input. In such cases, you must supply an input image filename. You can enter multiple lines, up to 64KB. Type an end-of-file indicator, usually Ctrl-D, to terminate the comment text entry. wrjpgcom does not add a COM block if the provided comment string is empty. Therefore, you can use -replace -comment "" to delete all COM blocks from a file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Adding a Short Comment to in.jpg to Produce out.jpg example% wrjpgcom -c "View of my back yard" in.jpg > out.jpg Example 2: Attaching a Long Comment Previously Stored in comment.txt example% wrjpgcom in.jpg < comment.txt > out.jpg or example% wrjpgcom -cfile comment.txt < in.jpg > out.jpg In this example, 1000 is a number that is larger than the number of rows in the source file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWjpg | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cjpeg(1), djpeg(1), jpegtran(1), rdjpgcom(1) NOTES
This man page was originally written by the Independent JPEG Group. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 26 Mar 2004 wrjpgcom(1)