Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to link sed from /usr/bin/sed to /usr/local/bin/sed? Post 302885874 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 28th of January 2014 04:53:22 PM
Old 01-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun
If you have a program named gunzip installed, do you also have gsed installed?
/usr/bin/gunzip belongs to Solaris since a decade (package SUNWgzip).
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias /usr/bin to /bin in profile

Hi! All the basic linux commands, ie. echo, find, etc, are located in /bin. I have a couple of programs that have these commands pointed towards /usr/bin, ie, /usr/bin/echo (even though the actual 'echo' command is in /bin). How can I alias or redirect or link the /usr/bin to /bin just for this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dancerat
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Questions about /usr/local/bin & scripts.

Hi gentlemen. For what intended is the directory /usr/local/bin? In this directory are some script. I don't understand how these scripts being in this directory are started. Each time after registration of the user occurs start of these scripts. These scripts start applications. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
7 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

6. Solaris

What is the difference between xpg4/bin and usr/bin?

Hi Experts, I found that the same commands(sort, du, df, find, grep etc.) exists in both dir. What is the difference to use them? i.e: to use xpg4/bin/grep and usr/bin/grep My OS version is SunOS 5.10 Regards, Saps (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
7 Replies

7. AIX

/usr/local/bin/cvs: Not found

I can able to access /usr/local/bin/cvs in the terminal (AIX 6.1 Box). but i am getting the "/usr/local/bin/cvs: Not found " when i call it from the script. please some one assist me what maybe problem (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hifirockz
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

/usr/local/bin/expr function not working

Legends, I am not able to set "expr" function in ksh script. Below is the sample code i used, and output is as "Syntax error" Please help me to come out of it. OUTPUT (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
9 Replies

9. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies
DH_BUGFILES(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_BUGFILES(1)

NAME
dh_bugfiles - install bug reporting customization files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_bugfiles [-A] [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_bugfiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing bug reporting customization files (bug scripts and/or bug control files and/or presubj files) into package build directories. FILES
debian/package.bug-script This is the script to be run by the bug reporting program for generating a bug report template. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package in the package build directory if no other types of bug reporting customization files are going to be installed for the package in question. Otherwise, this file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/script. Finally, the installed script is given execute permissions. debian/package.bug-control It is the bug control file containing some directions for the bug reporting tool. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/control in the package build directory. debian/package.bug-presubj The contents of this file are displayed to the user by the bug reporting tool before allowing the user to write a bug report on the package to the Debian Bug Tracking System. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/presubj in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install debian/bug-* files to ALL packages acted on when respective debian/package.bug-* files do not exist. Normally, debian/bug-* will be installed to the first package only. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/reportbug/README.developers.gz debhelper(1) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_BUGFILES(1)