Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting No Such File or Directory error Post 302885330 by Yoda on Friday 24th of January 2014 06:09:40 PM
Old 01-24-2014
Can you post what exactly you did?

Set xtrace / verbose and run your script and post the output.
Code:
#!/bin/bash -xv

As wisecracker said, current working directory will not be part of PATH and it is not supposed to be.

So execute your script like he posted.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

error: rw/regexp.h: No such file or directory

Hello every one, i am trying to compile c++ modules. while compiling a module i am getting the following error. cdbh_RecordStore.C:32:23: error: rw/regexp.h: No such file or directory make: *** Error 1 I googled for the solution , i found that this is a Rogue wave class. actually... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP error: no such file or directory

Hi All, I am using a shell script for SFTPing the files to target server. The problem which I am facing is that even if the files are not transferred, the script finishes successfully. I want the script to fail in case the remote directory does not exists. The script which I am using is as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shalini@@@
1 Replies

3. Linux

Error crt0.o no such file or directory

Hi, I am installing gcc cross compiler for x86_64. After installation when i am compiling simple program, i am getting error as "/usr/cross/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-pc-elf/3.2.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-elf/bin/ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory" Please tell me how to resolve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mandar123
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory

hi, I get this error when I compile my source on mac Leopard. is because I need to configure openGL path ? Monitor.h:15:60: error: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory Monitor.h:16:60: error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory Monitor.C: In function 'void display2()': Monitor.C:77:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP error: No such file or directory

Hi, I am trying to do scp using the following script: #!/usr/local/bin/bash BUILDDATE=20120220 for line in `cat arch_host_plat_src_dest` do src=`echo $line | cut -d: -f4` dest=`echo $line | cut -d: -f5` echo scp -p /builds/${BUILDDATE}/Integration/$src ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Technext
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error : No such file or directory

Hi, I have issued the below command to remove directories under a specific path, it removes them fine. But atlast it tries to find the same directory and fails. Directories: /root/app/dir /root/app/dir/files/ /root/app/dir/backup/ /root/app/dir/archive/ Command: find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

No such file or directory error

Hi, After executing load_data.sh script , it completes the steps in script but give following error.Please let me know how to fix it. ./load_data.sh: ' missing ./load_data.sh: 0: not found for i in 1 2 3 do ###some processing#### DLOG=$( eval echo \${TXPCY_${i}_DATA_FILE_LOG} )... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
4 Replies

8. Solaris

/bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory

Hi, I am getting below error in Solaris 10 SPARC when trying to issue a search on /var/tmp partition Below is the query /bin/find /var/tmp/ -type f -atime +1 Below is the result /bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
28 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird Error (: No such file or directory)

Hi Everyone, I am trying to make this script to use, to find out the DAHDI channel status. Every thing works fine, I even get proper results, however I have this weird error that comes along. Can someone please help me. Thanks a lot. #!/bin/bash # Color to set the test to when a channel is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeetz
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

No such file or directory error

I am new to shell scripting so I assume there is something basic I am missing but I have not been able to figure it out. When I run the following code from a script it can't find the paths to the directory or files. I can literally cut and paste the commands into terminal and they work fine. Why... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TryAgain12
2 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)