Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Execution Error!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Execution Error! Post 302884879 by bhargav456 on Wednesday 22nd of January 2014 09:47:48 AM
Old 01-22-2014
RedHat Execution Error!

I am having output in this format..
Code:
-rw-r--r--
root
root
Jan
14:32
abc.txt
-rw-r--r--
root
root
Jan
abcd.txt
-rw-r--r--
root
root
Jan
abcde.txt
-rw-r--r--
root
root
Jan
abcdef.txt

I am trying to get into this format.

I am having output in this format..
Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 20 Jan 01 14:32 abc.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 40 Jan 01 14:32 abcd.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 60 Jan 01 14:32 abcde.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 80 Jan 01 14:32 abcdef.txt

Anyone help please...

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time...

Last edited by vbe; 01-22-2014 at 10:53 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

metamail execution error

Hi. I´m have installed the metamail from skunkware and when I´m trying to use mailto (the complete script is bellow), I got this message: # mailto To: test@bla.com Subject: test ~/2048000 Set splitsize to 2048000 ~* Please choose which kind of data you wish to insert: 0: A raw file,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahnishimi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error during the execution of script

Hi, I have a cron job which executes daily once 9 PM. The script is like if then TYPE=OC elif then TYPE=i elif then TYPE=mmc elif then TYPE=CB elif then TYPE=oth fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surjyap
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SolarisCron job perl script execution error

Hi, I want to run a crontab job on solaris10.5. I have configured the crontab accordingly 10 * * * * /scripts/dbalter.pl >> /scripts/cronout.txt.However this does not work .Then I go to /var/mail/root and find an error in the output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu2die4
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Issue Serial Forground Execution vs Concurrent Background Execution

I have an expect script that interrogates several hundred unix servers for both access and directories therein using "ssh user@host ls -l /path". The combination of host/path are unique but the host may be interrogated multiple times if there are multiple paths to test. The expect script is run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution error with awk script

Hi, I run an awk script and I got the error attached below: here are the lines that the compiler point to as an error: duration = timeEnd1-timeBegin1; print "Transmission: type of traffic " flow1 ; print “ - Total transmitted bits = ” totalBits1 ” bits”; print “ - duration = ”... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of shell script returns error 127

Hi All, While running shell script i got following output. interpreter "usr/bin/ksh" not found sh: step1.sh: not found. ldnhpux | oracle >echo $? 127 - Running command "which ksh" retruns "usr/bin/ksh". - I found some information on web stating to remove extra carriage return chars,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuchirP
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error in sh script execution

Script: #!/sbin/sh echo "Welcome to my First Script" echo "Enter a word" read PASS if then echo "You are correct" elif then echo "Thats incorrect" else echo "Bye" fi When i run the script shell says: Syntax error at line 7:'elif' is not expected I ran through some old posts and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

8. Programming

Solr--Basic Example execution error

Hello , I am new bee to Solr and trying to run sample example for solr . java -Durl=http://locahost:8983/solr/update -jar post.jar books.csv Error SimplePostTool version 1.5 Posting files to base url http://locahost:8983/solr/update using content-type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomlight
3 Replies

9. AIX

Error while script execution - 0403-029 there is not enough memory available now

Hi, I am executing a shell script on AIX box where I need to list all the files in the file system and then do some other tasks with them. I am able to do this successfully on HP-UX and Linux boxes but I get the following error after 10-15 seconds when I try to execute the script on an AIX box. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adyan Faruqi
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Stop script execution, when we encounter error

Team, Im new to shell scripting please help in below issue: Considering scenario i have 1.sql,2.sql,3.sql and 4.sql . If my second script fails my loop should come out and should not execute 3.sql and 4.sql. Here is my code. #! /bin/bash echo "exit" | user/password | grep Connected >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethi87
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)			   systemd-volatile-root.service			  SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-volatile-root.service, systemd-volatile-root - Make the root file system volatile SYNOPSIS
systemd-volatile-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-volatile-root DESCRIPTION
systemd-volatile-root.service is a service that replaces the root directory with a volatile memory file system ("tmpfs"), mounting the original (non-volatile) /usr inside it read-only. This way, vendor data from /usr is available as usual, but all configuration data in /etc, all state data in /var and all other resources stored directly under the root directory are reset on boot and lost at shutdown, enabling fully stateless systems. This service is only enabled if full volatile mode is selected, for example by specifying "systemd.volatile=yes" on the kernel command line. This service runs only in the initial RAM disk ("initrd"), before the system transitions to the host's root directory. Note that this service is not used if "systemd.volatile=state" is used, as in that mode the root directory is non-volatile. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-fstab-generator(8), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)