Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Cannot boot as usuall , turn to black screen & ask for loging in ???? Help me???? Post 302884845 by asianfootball on Wednesday 22nd of January 2014 05:42:28 AM
Old 01-22-2014
Cannot boot as usuall , turn to black screen & ask for loging in ???? Help me????

Hey guys.....

Im new user for linux fedora 20.... i really need help ....... i have no idea why suddently when i turn on my laptop fedora turn to be black screen and ask me loging in , when i loging then nothing happen , it stay at the same screen... then i try to go to "with linux secure...," fedora ask me for the root passwd and also there 's some guide on the top which , journalctl -xb ,systemctl default , etc.........yes i did.... then nothing happen... so i really really need your help me for this ,FYI i dont windows ..so what should i do... i need step by step...coz im new with codes etc!......

Tq so muchhh

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Black Screen for 10secs

I was thinking if there is a way that i can go about making my screen go black automatically for about 10seconds, (with a message like "take a break" printed on the screen) and after 10seconds everything comes back to normal.... is there any way that i can do this...??? to further clarify the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_d
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Black Screen

I am using Intel HD 400 Graphics on a laptop. When I logout, I get a black screen with no cursor or anything. I have to hard reboot the system to get into linux again. Working on RHEL 6 (gnome) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunveer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen Goes Black When Run startx

Have - HP G4p DL360 SCSI version (*see below of pdf of server basics if needed) Scientific Linux live-cd.iso Issue - When it boots off the LiveCD, all starts swell, but if I install the OS normal it goes to a black monitor.... If I install text only, it works and when done I am at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
4 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Boot problem after updates, Ubuntu, black screen and cursor

I hope this is the correct forum, please forgive a newbie. Hi all, New to linux, ubuntu, and this forum. I have enjoyed ubuntu for the past few months, but after my last update installation ubuntu would boot to a black screen and blinking cursor. If I let it sit for a while it would give the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nutoubuntu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing a black screen

Hi all, Is there a way, on the command line, to show a black screen WITHOUT turning off the monitor? Also, is there a way to make the computer show the last screen before the black screen as soon as the user interacts with it? I know that there are various ways to turn off the computer, or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
8 Replies
XREFRESH(1)						      General Commands Manual						       XREFRESH(1)

NAME
xrefresh - refresh all or part of an X screen SYNOPSIS
xrefresh [-option ...] DESCRIPTION
Xrefresh is a simple X program that causes all or part of your screen to be repainted. This is useful when system messages have messed up your screen. Xrefresh maps a window on top of the desired area of the screen and then immediately unmaps it, causing refresh events to be sent to all applications. By default, a window with no background is used, causing all applications to repaint ``smoothly.'' However, the various options can be used to indicate that a solid background (of any color) or the root window background should be used instead. ARGUMENTS
-white Use a white background. The screen just appears to flash quickly, and then repaint. -black Use a black background (in effect, turning off all of the electron guns to the tube). This can be somewhat disorienting as everything goes black for a moment. -solid color Use a solid background of the specified color. Try green. -root Use the root window background. -none This is the default. All of the windows simply repaint. -geometry WxH+X+Y Specifies the portion of the screen to be repainted; see X(7). -display display This argument allows you to specify the server and screen to refresh; see X(7). X DEFAULTS
The xrefresh program uses the routine XGetDefault(3) to read defaults, so its resource names are all capitalized. Black, White, Solid, None, Root Determines what sort of window background to use. Geometry Determines the area to refresh. Not very useful. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY - To get default host and display number. SEE ALSO
X(7) BUGS
It should have just one default type for the background. AUTHORS
Jim Gettys, Digital Equipment Corp., MIT Project Athena X Version 11 xrefresh 1.0.4 XREFRESH(1)