Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 server crashed two times Post 302884758 by bartus11 on Tuesday 21st of January 2014 04:07:08 PM
Old 01-21-2014
What kind of hardware is it? Does it have ILOM? If it does, then you can check ILOM logs in /SP/logs/event/list (IIRC).
This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

old server crashed

Hello We had an old system designed in fortran that ran on a IBM RS6000 AIX 3.2 system. The person who designed is long gone. It was replaced with a completely different (non unix) system 6 years ago. We still used it for historical lookups of older information. Well yesterday it died. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billfaith
5 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Removed crashed node from Solaris Cluster 3.0

All- I am new to these forums so please excuse me if this post is in the wrong place. I had a node crash in a 4 node cluster and mgmt has determined this node will not be part of the cluster when rebuilt. I am researching how to remove it from the cluster information on the other 3 nodes and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

3. AIX

how would you know your server was rebooted 3 times or 5 times

Is there such location or command to know how many times did you reboot your server in that particular day?in AIX. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
3 Replies

4. Linux

Find out process that crashed the server

Hi everybody, I want to find out all the processes that ran before a server crashed. Is that possible? I've looked in /var/log/messages and found out that the system was out of memory. A user probably wrote a script (in Perl or Python) that used up all available memory and crashed the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
11 Replies

5. Red Hat

What do you do right after a server crashed.

What do you check???? Thanks! JC (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the newest file mutiple times a day and SCP it to another server.

Hi, I need a sample of a script that will check a specific directory multiple times throughout the day, and scp the newest file to another server. Example: current file is misc_file.txt_02272011 (the last part is the date), once that has been secure copied, another one may come in later the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: richasmi
1 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

DNS server crashed

If Freebsd DNS server that served 100 people is crashed. How to move this 100 people to a new FreeBSD DNS server as quickly as possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIX_30
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Validate mountpoints on solaris server after server reboot

Hi, anyone please let us know how to write shell script to find the missing mountpoints after server reboot. i want to take the mountpount information before server reboot, and validate the mountpoints after server reboot if any missing.please let us know the shell script from begining to end as... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: VenkatReddy786
24 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choosing VPN server based on server response times

Hello all, I am using the VPN provider Private Internet Access. I am using the Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB of RAM, performance on this upgraded board is great. Anyways I am connecting to its service using systemd's openvpn-client @ US_New_York_City.service I wonder if I can create a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haloslayer255
5 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)