Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX [Solved] Not able to delete/create file in /tmp Post 302884522 by blackrageous on Monday 20th of January 2014 04:36:05 PM
Old 01-20-2014
Possible hardware issue. What does the errpt report show. What does lsvg -p rootvg show? What about other file systems? What does fsck /tmp show?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring /tmp and /var/tmp for suspicous activity

Hello, does anyone have a script that can check the contents of the /tmp directory and for example e-mail the directory content if anything other than session files are present? Maybe there are better ways to monitor suspicous /tmp and /var/tmp activity, if so I'm listening :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Auto delete files in /tmp dir ???

I have a Solris 9 box my problem is when I restart my box all my files and dirs in /tmp dir will be deleted exept 2 directories I found them since installation phase !!!! How to keep my files at that dir " /tmp " even after restarting ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DarkSoul
1 Replies

3. Linux

/var/tmp/slapd.log.swp delete?

Hi All, Can I delete the above file? It's big, about 1G. It's on a redhat ent 4 with ldap on it. Is that safe to delete? It wasn't been used for already a month and it's in the backup storage. Thanks for any comment you may add. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for delete tmp files older than 15 days and owned by "xxx" id

Hi All , I want to delete files from /tmp directory created by "xxxx" id. because i got the list says more than 60 thousand files were created by "xxxx" id since 2002. The /tmp directory has lot of files created by different user ids like root,system etc.. But, i need a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vparunkumar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete one Line from Main File and Create another

Hi I need to write a script which will search for some text in some CSV files and will delete the record/line with the matching text and will insert that record/line into some other file. Can you please help? Here is what I want: - Contents of MainFile.csv: - 1,2,3,Loan,4,5,6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to make a script to delete files not in use in /tmp

I need to make a script to delete files not in use in /tmp Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raulochi
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] delete character in vi file

I have a file with lots of unnecessary double quotes ("). I tried to remove them but not successful. Please assist. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

[Solved] FTP 553 Could not create file.

Hi, We have one server - "ftpserver", just setup with RedHat 5.7. ftpserver is able to get & put from another server, however, other server are unable to get or put in the ftpserver. # su - ftpuser $ pwd /home/ftpuser $ cd .. $ ls -ltr drwxrwxrwx 3 ftpuser ftpuser 4096 Sep 10 09:19... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a file even root user also cant delete?

Is there any way to create a file in linux that root user also can't delete? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: palani13dec
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 error "-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create"

Hello, Each time a user log on to host, they receive below error: -sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create Example: $ ssh host user@host's password: Last login: Fri Dec 4 08:17:28 2015 from client.ref |-----------------------------------------------------------------| -sh:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
2 Replies
NEXT(1) 							     [nmh-1.5]								   NEXT(1)

NAME
next - show the next message SYNOPSIS
next [+folder] [-showproc program] [-showmimeproc program] [-header | -noheader] [-checkmime | -nocheckmime] [switches for showproc or showmimeproc] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Next performs a show on the next message in the specified (or current) folder. Like show, it passes any switches on to the program show- proc or showmimeproc, which is called to list the message. This command is almost exactly equivalent to "show next". Consult the manual entry for show(1) for all the details. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder showproc: Program to show non-MIME messages showmimeproc: Program to show MIME messages SEE ALSO
show(1), prev(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `-checkmime' `-header' CONTEXT
If a folder is specified, it will become the current folder. The message that is shown (i.e., the next message in sequence) will become the current message. BUGS
next is really a link to the show program. As a result, if you make a link to next and that link is not called next, your link will act like show instead. To circumvent this, add a profile-entry for the link to your nmh profile and add the argument next to the entry. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEXT(1)