Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need to revert default prompt in Linux after setting PS1 command Post 302884044 by karthick nath on Friday 17th of January 2014 08:10:07 AM
Old 01-17-2014
As I'm a beginner I really dont understand what you are about to say.

Eventhough thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PS1 with date stamp included in prompt

How would I put the date within my PS1 command for my shell prompt? I have it set to: PS1='$>' I tried PS1='$>' but that didn't work. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

colors in Prompt - $PS1

would someone please explain in detail, how does the code below change the color or bash prompt $ echo $PS1 :\033 are there other tricks like above? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PS1 prompt

please advise what's wrong with this command ? PS1="`hostname`:`who am i | cut -d " " -f1`:>>" trying to make the PS1 prompt look like : machine_name:username:>> thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help setting PS1 prompt to include current time

Hi, I'm using the ksh shell and I'd like to set my PS1 prompt on an AIX system to include, amongst ther things, the current time. This was my best effort: export PS1=$(date -u +%R)'${ME}:${PWD}# ' but this only sets the time to the value when PS1 is defined and the time value doesn't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a Prompt (PS1) Timestamp under /sbin/sh?

Hi, I'm trying to find out if there is a way to get a timestamp on my Solaris root shell prompt using /sbin/sh? I'm trying to archive something in line with the following: 12:34:26 root@server # 12:34:28 root@server # 12:34:28 root@server # ls ... 12:34:30 root@server # I know there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Solarius
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting PS1

I have set PSI for my prompt using the following command: PS1="${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\\u@\h:\\\w\a]\ "which produces chrisd@pguk:~]I want to include [ in the beginning but cannot understand the way to do this. Also I want to show only the current directory, not the whole... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Help needed to have changing value to the command prompt string variable PS1

Hi, I am using git bash terminal window to do git operations. I have set the prompt string variable PS1 in the ~/.bashrc file as follows: export PS1=" " This is intended to show me the current git branch's name which is active as part of the prompt string. But, the problem is when I do a git... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change / Setup bash custom prompt (PS1)

I am trying to create my custom prompt and I have almost succeeded. Right now I have PS1='\n\\$\ ' What I have not figured out is how to make the directories bold when I'm using commands ls or ls -la. Any idea how to do it??? Many thanx. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emailkia
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is my PS1 breaking my prompt?

So, this is strange... I created this prompt: PS1='\n\e You can see that it's a pretty minor modification of the default Debian prompt. And, if it matters, I'm using Putty to SSH to my server. The following strange symptoms appear when I use that prompt, and disappear when I change and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Help changing the PS1 prompt in Solaris

Hi, I need help changing PS1 in Solaris. I tried this: MYPROMPT="> " PS1=$LOGNAME@$HOSTNAME:${PWD}$MYPROMPT (NOT SURE WHY IT'S HIGHLIGHTED HERE) export PS1 My problem is that $PWD is not working, when I get the prompt and I change directories, the prompt is not displaying the current... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: curiousmal
17 Replies
PTREPACK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PTREPACK(1)

NAME
ptrepack - Copy any PyTables Leaf, Group or complete subtree into another file. SYNOPSIS
ptrepack -h -v -o -R start,stop,step --non-recursive --dest-title=title --dont-copyuser-attrs --overwrite-nodes --complevel=(0-9) --com- plib=lib --shuffle=(0|1) --fletcher32=(0|1) --keep-source-filters --upgrade-flavors --dont-regenerate-old-indexes sourcefile:sourcegroup destfile:destgroup DESCRIPTION
Copy any Leaf, Group or complete subtree from a PyTables file into another file. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h Prints a help text. -v Show more information. -o Overwite destination file. -R RANGE Select a RANGE of rows in the form start,stop,step during the copy of all the leaves. --non-recursive Do not do a recursive copy. Default is to do it. --dest-title=title Title for the new file (if not specified, the source is copied). --dont-copy-userattrs Do not copy the user attrs (default is to do it). --overwrite-nodes Overwrite destination nodes if they exist. Default is not to overwrite them. --complevel=(0-9) Set a compression level (0 for no compression, which is the default). --complib=lib Set the compression library to be used during the copy. lib can be set to "zlib", "lzo", "ucl" or "bzip2". Defaults to "zlib". --shuffle=(0|1) Activate or not the shuffling filter (default is active if complevel>0). --fletcher32=(0|1) Whether to activate or not the fletcher32 filter (not active by default). --keep-source-filters Use the original filters in source files. The default is not doing that if any of --complevel, --complib, --shuffle or --fletcher32 option is specified. --upgrade-flavors When repacking PyTables 1.x files, the flavor of leaves will be unset. With this, such a leaves will be serialized as objects with the internal flavor ("numpy" for 2.x series). --dont-regenerate-old-indexes Disable regenerating old indexes. The default is to regenerate old indexes as they are found. SEE ALSO
ptdump(1). These utilities are documented fully by PyTables user's manual. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Francesc Altet <faltet@carabos.com>. July 7, 2007 PTREPACK(1)