Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Following Cables for Fun!
The Lounge War Stories Following Cables for Fun! Post 302883600 by Corona688 on Wednesday 15th of January 2014 10:59:57 AM
Old 01-15-2014
Careful which bit you cut, it might leap out roaring and eat you all.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Scsi cables - which ones?

Is there any specific scsi cables that you need to get when connecting a tape drive or external storage or does one type of cable fit all? ie. I can buy the following: HD68 to HD68 with Ferrites supports S-E Ultra/Wide transfer rates. But will this work for tape drives and storage? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

fc cables

hi friends, we are using fc cables and fc switches,u might be aware of the cost factor of it so just wanted to know that Why do we need FC switches and fiber-optic cables? Is it not possible to use, say, twisted-pair copper cables instead of fiber-optic cables, and achieve almost comparable... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
3 Replies

3. Solaris

1 or 2 Fiber cables?

Hi Community, I'm working on Solaris 10 installation with 1 Server V490 and 1 StoredgeTek 3510 (Standalone configuration). I'd connect the Server to the Storedge with a fiber cable but I' m in doubt becouse I don't know if using 1 or 2 fiber cable. Could you provide me any solution? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

fun scripts

Lets get a list of everyones funny scripts (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fun with awk

uggc://ra.jvxvcrqvn.bet/jvxv/EBG13 #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { for (n=0;n<26;n++) { x=sprintf("%c",n+65); y=sprintf("%c",(n+13)%26+65) r=y; r=tolower(y) } } { b = "" for (n=1; x=substr($0,n,1); n++) b = b ((y=r)?y:x) print b } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

More fun with awk

#!/usr/bin/ksh ls -l $@ | awk ' /^-/ { l = 5*log($5) h = sprintf("%7d %-72s",$5,$8) print "\x1B ls command with histogram of file sizes. The histogram scale is logaritmic, to avoid very short bars for smaller files or very long bars for bigger files. Screenshot: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
4 Replies

7. Solaris

SUNFIRE V240 procedure to shutdown with safety in order to replace power cables

Question: Which commands to use to shutdown with safety the server; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doudou2012
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Flat cables vs normal circular cables

Do flat cables have any advantage over normal circular cables? I was looking at this. 6ft 2M Flat USB Sync Data Cable Charger Cord for iPhone4 4S 3G iPad1 2 3 Orange | eBay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

What RJ11 Cables Should I Use?

Hello All, I have a project I'm working on which involves a linux PC and a USB (*dialup) Modem in a remote location for telnet'ing to that PC by phone when the Ethernet connection is down. I have already purchased the USB modems I need and some dumb phones for line testing... Now I'm trying... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies
Picture(3U)						    InterViews Reference Manual 					       Picture(3U)

NAME
Picture - composite structured graphic SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/Graphic/picture.h> DESCRIPTION
A Picture defines a composition of graphic objects. A picture has its own graphics state, which it concatenates with its children's state when it is drawn or erased. Picture adopts the default concatenation semantics supported by the Graphic base class: The picture's graphics state effectively overrides its children's so that they are drawn with the picture's state information substituted for their own. A child's attribute is used only when the picture does not already define it. Moreover, each child's transformer is postmultiplied by the picture's transformer when the picture is drawn; thus children are drawn relative to the picture's coordinate system. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
Picture(Graphic* = nil) Construct a new picture, optionally supply a graphic from which to copy an initial set of graphics state. Picture is derived from FullGraphic and therefore defines a full set of graphics state. virtual ~Picture() The picture deletes its children when it is deleted. boolean IsEmpty() Picture defines IsEmpty in addition to the standard Graphic child traversal operations to provide a convenient way to check if the picture has any children. PROTECTED OPERATIONS
Graphic* graphic(UList*) UList* Elem(Iterator) Convenience functions for extracting a graphic from a UList element and a UList from an iterator. SEE ALSO
Graphic(3U), Iterator(3U), Transformer(3I), UList(3U), pspaint(3U) Unidraw 1 February 1991 Picture(3U)