Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Following Cables for Fun!
The Lounge War Stories Following Cables for Fun! Post 302883600 by Corona688 on Wednesday 15th of January 2014 10:59:57 AM
Old 01-15-2014
Careful which bit you cut, it might leap out roaring and eat you all.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Scsi cables - which ones?

Is there any specific scsi cables that you need to get when connecting a tape drive or external storage or does one type of cable fit all? ie. I can buy the following: HD68 to HD68 with Ferrites supports S-E Ultra/Wide transfer rates. But will this work for tape drives and storage? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

fc cables

hi friends, we are using fc cables and fc switches,u might be aware of the cost factor of it so just wanted to know that Why do we need FC switches and fiber-optic cables? Is it not possible to use, say, twisted-pair copper cables instead of fiber-optic cables, and achieve almost comparable... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
3 Replies

3. Solaris

1 or 2 Fiber cables?

Hi Community, I'm working on Solaris 10 installation with 1 Server V490 and 1 StoredgeTek 3510 (Standalone configuration). I'd connect the Server to the Storedge with a fiber cable but I' m in doubt becouse I don't know if using 1 or 2 fiber cable. Could you provide me any solution? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

fun scripts

Lets get a list of everyones funny scripts (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fun with awk

uggc://ra.jvxvcrqvn.bet/jvxv/EBG13 #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { for (n=0;n<26;n++) { x=sprintf("%c",n+65); y=sprintf("%c",(n+13)%26+65) r=y; r=tolower(y) } } { b = "" for (n=1; x=substr($0,n,1); n++) b = b ((y=r)?y:x) print b } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

More fun with awk

#!/usr/bin/ksh ls -l $@ | awk ' /^-/ { l = 5*log($5) h = sprintf("%7d %-72s",$5,$8) print "\x1B ls command with histogram of file sizes. The histogram scale is logaritmic, to avoid very short bars for smaller files or very long bars for bigger files. Screenshot: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
4 Replies

7. Solaris

SUNFIRE V240 procedure to shutdown with safety in order to replace power cables

Question: Which commands to use to shutdown with safety the server; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doudou2012
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Flat cables vs normal circular cables

Do flat cables have any advantage over normal circular cables? I was looking at this. 6ft 2M Flat USB Sync Data Cable Charger Cord for iPhone4 4S 3G iPad1 2 3 Orange | eBay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

What RJ11 Cables Should I Use?

Hello All, I have a project I'm working on which involves a linux PC and a USB (*dialup) Modem in a remote location for telnet'ing to that PC by phone when the Ethernet connection is down. I have already purchased the USB modems I need and some dumb phones for line testing... Now I'm trying... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies
GOPHER_PARSEDIR(3)							 1							GOPHER_PARSEDIR(3)

gopher_parsedir - Translate a gopher formatted directory entry into an associative array.

SYNOPSIS
array gopher_parsedir (string $dirent) DESCRIPTION
gopher_parsedir(3) parses a gopher formatted directory entry into an associative array. While gopher returns text/plain documents for actual document requests. A request to a directory (such as /) will return specially encoded series of lines with each line being one directory entry or information line. PARAMETERS
o $dirent - The directory entry. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array whose components are: o type - One of the GOPHER_XXX constants. o title - The name of the resource. o path - The path of the resource. o host - The domain name of the host that has this document (or directory). o port - The port at which to connect on host. Upon failure, the additional data entry of the returned array will hold the parsed line. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Hypothetical output from gopher://gopher.example.com/ 0All about my gopher site. /allabout.txt gopher.example.com 70 9A picture of my cat. /pics/cat.png gopher.example.com 70 1A collection of my writings. /stories gopher.example.com 70 hThe HTTP version of this site. URL:http://www.example.com gopher.example.com 70 1Mirror of this site in Spain. / gopher.ejemplo.co.es 70 iWelcome to my gopher site. error.host 1 iPlease select one of the options above error.host 1 iSend complaints to /dev/null error.host 1 iLong live gopher! error.host 1 In the example above, the root directory at gopher.example.com knows about one DOCUMENT identified by 0 located at gopher://gopher.exam- ple.com:70/allabout.txt. It also knows about two other directory (which have their own listing files) at gopher://gopher.exmaple.com:70/stories and at gopher://gopher.ejemplo.co.es:70/. In addition there is a binary file, a link to an HTTP url, and several informative lines. By passing each line of the directory listing into gopher_parsedir(3), an associative array is formed containing a parsed out version of the data. Example #2 Using gopher_parsedir(3) <?php $directory = file("gopher://gopher.example.com"); foreach($directory as $dirent) { print_r(gopher_parsedir($dirent)); } ?> The above example will output: Array ( [type] => 0 [title] => All about my gopher site. [path] => /allabout.txt [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 9 [title] => A picture of my cat. [path] => /pics/cat.png [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 1 [title] => A collection of my writings. [path] => /stories [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 254 [title] => The HTTP version of this site. [path] => URL:http://www.example.com [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 1 [title] => Mirror of this site in Spain. [path] => / [host] => gopher.ejemplo.co.es [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Welcome to my gopher site. [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Please select one of the options above. [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Send complaints to /dev/null [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Long live gopher! [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) PHP Documentation Group GOPHER_PARSEDIR(3)