Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create multiple zip files each containing 50 xml files. Post 302883297 by Rakesh Thobula on Monday 13th of January 2014 07:31:26 AM
Old 01-13-2014
Much appreciated if you could you provide pseudo code or actual.

Thanks
Rakesh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

ZIP multiple files and also specify size of zip file

I have to zip many pdf files and the size of zip file must not exceed 200 MB. When size is more than 200 MB then multiple zip files needs to be created. How we can achieve this in UNIX? I have tried ZIP utility but it takes a lot of time when we add individual pdfs by looping through a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tom007
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip multiple files and copy to help

Hi All, I have a set of large files ~ 500_900Mb I have generated and I'd like to quickly zip and copy them to a new folder elsewhere ... Can anyone suggest a quicky ?? Cheers :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
3 Replies

3. Programming

help need in the perl script that create one xml file form multiple files.

Hi every one, Please excuse me if any grammatical mistakes is there. I have multiple xml files in one directory, I need to create multiple XML files into one XML file.example files like this</p> file1:bvr.xml ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip Multiple files to One .zip file in AIX system

Hi I have a requirement in unix shell where I need to zip multiple files on server to one single .zip file. I dont see zip command in AIX and gzip command not doing completely what I want. One I do .zip file, I should be able to unzip in my local Computer. Here is example what I want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMA PULI
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create zip/gz/tar files for if the files are older than particular days in UNIX or Linux?

I need a script file for backup (zip or tar or gz) of old log files in our unix server (causing the space problem). Could you please help me to create the zip or gz files for each log files in current directory and sub-directories also? I found one command which is to create gz file for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies
pseudo(1)						      General Commands Manual							 pseudo(1)

NAME
pseudo - Starts a non-STREAMS pty interface for a STREAMS device SYNOPSIS
pseudo [-l] [-shell shell] OPTIONS
Starts a shell process as the login shell. By default, the command starts this process as an interactive shell. Specifies the shell to be started. By default, the command starts the shell set by the SHELL environment variable. DESCRIPTION
The pseudo command provides an appropriate interface for STREAMS tty devices that are installed on systems configured to use the non- STREAMS pty driver. The pseudo command opens a pair of master and slave pty devices, and starts a shell process. The command's options allow you to override the default shell specification and to specify that the process be started as a login shell. NOTES
The pseudo command is available only when one or more of the Tru64 UNIX optional subsets with worldwide support software are installed on your system. In order for the pseudo command to provide a non-STREAMS pty interface for STREAMS devices, the system must be configured to use the non- STREAMS pty driver. If the system is configured to use the STREAMS pty driver, the command provides a STREAMS pty interface. SEE ALSO
Commands: stty(1) Interfaces: pty(7) pseudo(1)