Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Where to find IP address to location data? Post 302883101 by rockandAir on Friday 10th of January 2014 05:44:40 PM
Old 01-10-2014
what does that do? i'm a little surprised by the quick response. Is that a dos command?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to detect ip address based location using PHP

I am interested in finding out if there is a reliable and economical way for extracting user's location based on his ip address, using php I tried to get the job done using ip2location.com, but I am not happy how it deals with result inconsistently. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siftin-com
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding the data at a specified location in a file....

Hi all, I m new to shell programming..Can anyone please guide me how to insert data at a specified location in the file.. I have a configuration file..I want to add data to it through script..I am able to do it...I get that data written at end of my configuration file..I want data to be placed at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya_flora
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the job and its location

Guys; I first I thank you for helping me few times in the past; A job runs every day at 8AM and looks for a file “abcd.txt” in directory “/usr/task/tmp”. How to find the job and its location. I need to change the file name to “abcd.dat”. it is UNIX environment. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clem2610
2 Replies

4. AIX

Hardware address to physical location

Hello How do I deternine the physical location of an ethernet port, based on the hardware address? I have 4 ports on a 9133-55A ent0 05-08 ent1 05-09 ent2 07-08 ent3 07-09 Two of these are internal, and two are on a card. I need to single out ent0 and ent2, but I cannot find any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch data from a particular location

I want to fetch value from a particular location from a file but in each line in the file it appears at a different position so i tried using variable with cut command but it is not working properly. The code i have written is #!/bin/sh cat Sri1.log | while read d2 do grep -w... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prachi Gupta
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

Find Computer Location

Hi, there, How to know location of a computer where its IP Address and Computer name is known? tx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: budiantho_indra
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

8. AIX

Howto find the data and management IP address

Can anyone help me to find the data and management IP address on a IBM unix server without looking at the /etc/hosts file. sometimes the hosts file may not make it obvious between the data & mgmt ip addresses. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amerjit.jhalley
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy data at specified location from multiple files

Hello everyone, Im super new to coding but increasingly in need of it at work. Im have task stacked because of this problems, that I cannot figure out how to solve looking on the internet after trying many many things that looked similar to me. I have multiple data files of the form (see below).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xfiles_fan
2 Replies
IP-TOKEN(8)							       Linux							       IP-TOKEN(8)

NAME
ip-token - tokenized interface identifer support SYNOPSIS
ip token { COMMAND | help } ip token { set } TOKEN dev DEV ip token { get } dev DEV ip token { list } DESCRIPTION
IPv6 tokenized interface identifer support is used for assigning well-known host-part addresses to nodes whilst still obtaining a global network prefix from Router advertisements. The primary target for tokenized identifiers are server platforms where addresses are usually manually configured, rather than using DHCPv6 or SLAAC. By using tokenized identifiers, hosts can still determine their network prefix by use of SLAAC, but more readily be automatically renumbered should their network prefix change [1]. Tokenized IPv6 Identifiers are described in the draft [1]: <draft-chown-6man-tokenised-ipv6-identifiers-02>. ip token set - set an interface token set the interface token to the kernel. Once a token is set, it cannot be removed from the interface, only overwritten. TOKEN the interface identifer token address. dev DEV the networking interface. ip token get - get the interface token from the kernel show a tokenized interface identifer of a particular networking device. Arguments: coincide with the arguments of ip token set but the TOKEN must be left out. ip token list - list all interface tokens list all tokenized interface identifers for the networking interfaces from the kernel. SEE ALSO
ip(8) AUTHOR
Manpage by Daniel Borkmann iproute2 28 Mar 2013 IP-TOKEN(8)