Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? The Benefits or Not of Certification (was LPIC certification) Post 302883032 by Luca.Francesca on Friday 10th of January 2014 12:50:09 PM
Old 01-10-2014
Already have a job as a junior sysadmin under my belt.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Certification

are there any unix certification's on security, and which is the most best one to take? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
2 Replies

2. Programming

C Certification

I would like to become certified in C/C++ and UNIX. Can anyone assist by giving links or details of the best track I could take. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Luke
1 Replies

3. AIX

Certification

Hi, I know this may not be the right place to put this but i wanted to know if there is any AIX certification avialable or something similar . Or is there any general Unix certification . TIA Anubha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asinha63
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Certification

Hi I know Shell, AWK, SED, I am looking for some Certification Red Hat or any other recoginsed one. I dont want to go into Networking I want to remain as Developer...So Can you help me in knowing what kind of Certifications are avaible. Links, PDF's, etc are most welcomed. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Certification.

Hi, I am planning to do a certification in Linux for beginners level. I am confused with SCSAS cerification, RHCT and LPIC level1. Can any one guide me for this. And also please let me know details about the institute availabe in India. Regards, Siba Sankar Nayak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which certification

I'm learning UNIX on my Mac (BSD) and quite like it. I'm a newbie, but I think I'd like to eventually find some work with UNIX/LINUX. But I'm not sure where to begin -- there are so many versions and job options, it's kind of overwhelming. A friend suggested learning Debian to start out with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Certification course

Good afternnon i've got a question: Does anybody know if there is a course or link that i can take and then take a good and qualified certification course related to unix programim¡ng and scripting ? Id appreciate your help in advanced ---------- Post updated at 01:56 PM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX certification

Hi, In my current organist I am using HP-UX. I would like to get certified in UNIX but i am not sure for which certification i should go. I am thinking of either Solaris or HP-UX. Please guide me which would be better for me? And also let me what study materials should i use and the Fees... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManishV
3 Replies
BOSSKILL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       BOSSKILL(8)

NAME
bosskill - send a signal to your boss, or terminate your boss SYNOPSIS
bosskill [ -signal ] <bossname> DESCRIPTION
bosskill sends the TERM (terminate, 15) signal to the boss with the specified bossname. If a signal name or number preceded by `-' is given as the first argument, that signal is sent instead of terminate. The killed boss must be in the system administrator's supervisory chain. The following is a list of all signals with names as in the include file <signal.h>: SIGHUP 1 hangup. Forces bossname to re-read his/her job description and figure out that he/she knows squat about sysadmin work or life, in general. SIGINT 2 interrupt. Prevents the bossname from interrupting the sysadmin for one hour. SIGQUIT 3 quit. Causes the boss to quit his/her job with no explanation. SIGILL 4 illegal instruction. Makes the boss believe the last instruction he/she gave was illegal, so he/she withdraws it. SIGTRAP 5 trace trap. Display the exact location of the boss. SIGABRT 6 abort. Makes the boss go home and try again tomorrow. SIGKILL 9 kill. Game over. SIGBUS 10 bus error. Boss's transportation fails on the way to work. SIGSEGV 11 segmentation violation. Boss realizes he/she is trying to do something for which he/she is not quailified and stops. SIGSYS 12 bad argument. Boss loses. SIGPIPE 13 smoke pipe. Boss samples some green leafy substance and mellows out. SIGALRM 14 alarm. Boss is startled and falls over. Best used when boss is walking next to his/her boss. SIGTERM 15 termination signal. Boss is fired. BUGS
Sending a SIGABRT to a boss that is already home will cause him/her to walk aimlessly in circles for two hours. HISTORY
Written by Eric L. Pederson <eric@bofh.org.uk>. 27 September 1995 BOSSKILL(8)