Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk command for complex search and print Post 302882684 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 8th of January 2014 03:28:25 PM
Old 01-08-2014
How about:
Code:
awk '/^9999~/{p=0} /dbc10/{p=1}p' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to search and print output

suppose i have one file file A 18 24 30 35 38 45 55 Another file file B 08_46 A 16 V -0.36 0.23 E : 1.41 08_46 A 17 D -1.04 0.22 E : 0.84 08_46 A 18 Q -0.49 0.12 E : 0.06 08_46 A 19 G 0.50 0.14 E : 0.05 08_46 A 20 V ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk how to print if the search pattern contains speace

the data file is as below: > cat master.cnf /usr| location for usr|5 /src/ver1| version 1 |10 /src/ver2/log| ver 2 log |25 /src/sys/apps/log| Application log for sys|36 /src/sys/apps/conf| configuration location for app|45 /src/sys/apps/bin| binary location app|55my script is as below: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: McLan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk search and print .doc extensions

Hello, I'm trying to grab all lines in a file that match the extension using the following command: awk '/.doc/' Input.csv > WordFiles.dat This works, but if a line contains "doc" it still prints the line. I want to print only the lines with ".doc" Can someone show how to pick up only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orahi001
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search column, print line

Hello. I've been banging my head against walls trying to search a comma delimited file, using awk. I'm trying to search a "column" for a specific parameter, if it matches, then I'd like to print the whole line. I've read in multiple texts: awk -F, '{ if ($4 == "string") print $0 }'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matthias03
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print second line after search string

I have multiple config files where I need to pull the ip address from loopback3. The format is the same in every file, the ip is the second line after interface loopback3. interface loopback2 loopback description router ID ip address 192.168.1.1 interface loopback3 loopback description... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search and print

I have a script where I need to use awk, go through some output, which is stored in a variable, and find a string Xms and Xmx and print the results, including the rest of that string. Example of string: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed/awk for reverse search and print

I have a file which is DFDG START DSFDS DSDS XXX END (VIO) AADD START SDSD FGFG END and I have to print the lines between START and END (VIO). In the files there are multiple places where START would be followed by END with few lines in between but I need to print only if START is... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgbuddy
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

echoing complex awk command into file fails

Using hp-ux's shell, I'm trying to echo a complex awk command into a script file for later use. But it fails on a newline character and splits the rest of the command onto the next line. echo ' printf("%s: TOTAL = %18.0lf\n", FILENAME, TOTAL) >> "TOTAL.TXT";' >>awk.script Looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search two patterns using awk to print the variable sum

Coins.txt: gold 1 1986 USA American Eagle gold 1 1908 Austria-Hungary Franz Josef 100 Korona silver 10 1981 USA ingot gold 1 1984 Switzerland ingot gold 1 1979 RSA Krugerrand gold 0.5 1981 RSA Krugerrand gold 0.1 1986 PRC Panda silver 1 1986 USA Liberty dollar gold 0.25 1986 USA Liberty... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh M
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to search output for a value and print

GOODNUMBERS="1 2 3 4 5 6 3 3 34 34 5 66 12" BADNUMBERS="7 3 12 5 66" for eachnum in `echo ${GOODNUMBERS}` do echo ${BADNUMBERS} | gawk -v threshold=${eachnum} '$1 != threshold' done what im trying to do with the above is, i want to print numbers that are in the GOODNUMBERS... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)