Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Enable Annonymous FTP login.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Enable Annonymous FTP login. Post 302881841 by Showdown on Thursday 2nd of January 2014 07:25:50 AM
Old 01-02-2014
Oracle

Hi Robin,

Appreciate ur way of thinking. But my intention is not to share the password with them coz they may telnet /ssh the server with the password. But using FTP only read only access has been given to the FTP . So by FTPing the site they can't even delete. But it will create problem if anyone try to ssh to the server.

Thanks
HimansuSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable FTP on SCO

My goal is to use FTP to transfer file between PC and SCO Unix server.When I try to connect via FTP with root user, it failed. What should I do? How to configure ftpaccess? Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vladan
2 Replies

2. Linux

ftp telnet enable

hi , i have jsut installed linux 9.0 , but i can not ftp or telnet to the system . i have installed the ftp and the telnet server during installation . i have also configured the files to enable the ftp and telnet , the ftp and the telnet daemons are running , but when i do ftp : ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 8 - FTP server -enable

Hi, I have turn off the FTP service and rebooted the server . (edit /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/inet/services) Now , how can I enable back the FTP without rebooting the server . Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

How to enable samba login for administrator

Hi all, I am trying to enable samba access to administrator. I have added the user, but i am not able to login as administrator. But for other users i am able to login. Can anyone help me out in fixing this. Thank You in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kymthasneem
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to login to zone after enable BSM

hi i am not able to the zones after i enable BSM, but i am able to login using "zlogin -S" option. is there any command which i can use to troubleshoot. thanks a lot! :cool: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Enable console login for normal users

Dear Frnz I have a solaris box with running 5.8 My default window manager is CDE.When i login as a normal user and try to open console it is vanishing quickly. When i check the logs the message is Wed Nov 21 19:27:03 2007 (/usr/dt/bin/dtexec) /usr/dt/bin/dtterm /dev/console: Permission... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
1 Replies

7. Linux

how to root gui login enable

hi iam installed mandriva spring 2009 iam unble to login into gui using root how to enable it where the settings are stored (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

FTP service Enable/Disable

hi everybody, I can easily enable /disable the FTP service from SAM, how can I do this via command line? using inetd? how? cheers, messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Enable ftp port

Hi Experts, Need your help in enabling the ftp port in HP-UX box. Is there any command/config file that needs to be changed? Also is it possible to open it only for few selected IPs only? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
9 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Request to enable my login id

Hello Myself Ravi, ex-member of your forum. I would request if my ID can be enabled which got disabled a few months back. That time our mood may be that that you had taken the step but I think it shouldn't be hard for you to accept my request to enable it again. My email is mentioned in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)