Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripts for exporting backup from selected tables of Oracle DB Post 302881768 by amirzargaran on Wednesday 1st of January 2014 01:10:09 AM
Old 01-01-2014
dear parvin.
did i must to run this commands on centos bash ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab job for exporting a Oracle database

Could someone give me a hint how to get or write such a job ? I want to schedule a Oracle export using the crontab, I really do not know how to do this. Concreet: How do I write such a script ? Thanks for your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c.d.israel
1 Replies

2. Solaris

exporting a dmp file (oracle)from unix

i want to export a database (full schema) so that I can import the database to a windows 2000 server. The database is sitting on a unix-sun solaris box ver 8.. What are the commands... I am a bit rusty at unix at the moment! Cheers E (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etravels
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding out tables not used in scripts.

Hi all, Please see my requirement and post me asap. Spool all the tables names into a file . Take each table name and check if it is present in any of the scripts in a directory using grep -il command. The script has to loop through the tables list and take each table and find it's presence... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vasundhara
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

use shell scripts to update tables from databases

Hi I need to write a shell script that will access tables available on webpages and update a table on my webpage on a periodic basis. It will access, say for example a website that periodically update a table with certain quantities and update my table accordingly.it should have the flexibility... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannabegeek
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tables in scripts

Hi , I have two tables with same length t1 and t2, I want to cretae a new third table where i put the difference between the elements of t2 and t1, t3= t1 - t2 t3= t1 - t2 I am new to scripts, any help please? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celine19
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from multiple tables from Oracle DB

Hi , I want to read the data from 9 tables in oracle DB into 9 different files in the same connection instance (session). I am able to get data from one table to one file with below code : X=`sqlplus -s user/pwd@DB <<eof select col1 from table1; EXIT; eof` echo $X>myfile Can anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: net
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Exporting DHCP to backup server

Hi just looking for some advise on the best way to set-up a passive dhcp server in solaris. Was thinking of exporting the dhcp data/macros etc to a separate server to use as a backup that will be activated when the main dhcp server goes down Any hints/tips etc greatly appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eeisken
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

9. Programming

Oracle 10g tables dumps

HI All, I am using Oracle 10g . Want to take dumps(.dmp log) from many tables with where clause having same schema. ex : TB_MTH_ORA_CAB "WHERE TRUNC(dw_entry_dt )= TO_DATE('01-JAN-2011')" TB_AM_AT_OSS_MAT "WHERE TRUNC(dw_entry_date )>= TO_DATE('01-JAN-2011') AND TRUNC(dw_entry_date )<=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify tables from Oracle sql scripts

Hi, Please let me know if you have any thoughts on how to read a table that has all the oracle sql files or shell scripts at the job and step level to identify all the tables that does merge, update, delete, insert, create, truncate, alter table (ALTER TABLE XYZ RENAME TO ABC) and call them out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techmoris
1 Replies
NDB_SELECT_COUNT()														NDB_SELECT_COUNT()

NAME
ndb_select_count - print row counts for NDB tables SYNOPSIS
ndb_select_count [-c connect_string] -d db_name tbl_name[ tbl_name2[ ...]] DESCRIPTION
ndb_select_count prints the number of rows in one or more NDB tables. With a single table, the result is equivalent to that obtained by using the MySQL statement SELECT COUNT(*) FROM tbl_name. Usage ndb_select_count [-c connect_string] -ddb_name tbl_name[, tbl_name2[, ...]] The following table includes options that are specific to the MySQL Cluster native backup restoration program ndb_select_count. Additional descriptions follow the table. For options common to most MySQL Cluster programs (including ndb_select_count), see Options Common to MySQL Cluster Programs(1). Table 17.25. ndb_select_count Options and Variables: MySQL Cluster NDB 7.2 +--------------------------+-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Format | Description | Added / Removed | +--------------------------+-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | | Name of the database in which the | | | --database=dbname, | table is found | All MySQL 5.5 based releases | | | | | | -d | | | +--------------------------+-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | | Degree of parallelism | | | --parallelism=#, | | All MySQL 5.5 based releases | | | | | | -p | | | +--------------------------+-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | | Lock type | | | --lock=#, | | All MySQL 5.5 based releases | | | | | | -l | | | +--------------------------+-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ You can obtain row counts from multiple tables in the same database by listing the table names separated by spaces when invoking this command, as shown under Sample Output. Sample Output shell> ./ndb_select_count -c localhost -d ctest1 fish dogs 6 records in table fish 4 records in table dogs NDBT_ProgramExit: 0 - OK COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). NDB_SELECT_COUNT()