Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hex dump into Wireshark or similiar Post 302881305 by mutley2202 on Friday 27th of December 2013 05:45:56 PM
Old 12-27-2013
Response

Thanks DGpickett, would you mind explaining more please as this is new to me.

Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Similiar to active directory in Unix?

Hi all, If Windows server have an active directory and active folder/mapping(maybe in unix NFS). Is there any similiar fuctions in unix. Actually if we have a hundred client in unix/linux with unix server, I want to manage user client and access control easier as in windows. Thank you in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

converting openssl hex dump or PEM format to integer array

Hello. I'm working on a project that involves creating public/private keys server-side using openssl and using the public key in a Javascript application to encrypt sensitive data in form fields before transmission to the server. Using an SSL https server connection was not an option in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhopper
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i compare and extract similiar data

I have 2 files. The first file contains user names in one column. The second, and considerably longer, file contains user names in the first column and corresponding full names in the second column. Currently these are in the .xls format. I'd like to be able to compare file1 with file2 and extract... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptrmastr
2 Replies

5. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

6. AIX

Whar is hex dump utility and how to insert 1C?

What is the hexdump utility on AIX box. Also I want to insert hex 1C using vi editor how to do that. Thanks. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekb
2 Replies

7. Programming

What is the difference between ios::hex and std::hex?

Hi, Is there really a difference between these two, std::hex and ios::hex?? I stumbled upon reading a line, "std::ios::hex is a bitmask (8 on gcc) and works with setf(). std::hex is the operator". Is this true? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File processing - have to get the count of similiar types

Input File: c_id=india ---some data-- c_id=US --some data--- c_id=UK --some data-- c_id=india --some data-- c_id=india --some data-- c_id=Russia --some data-- c_id=UK --some data-- c_id=US --some data-- c_id=Africa --some data (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a perl script similiar to grep -r 'word' /path/to/dir"

Hi , i am looking for a perl script to grep for a string in all files inside a directory . bash command . grep -r 'word' /path/to/dir Thanks, Nvil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nevil
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with print if two columns is somehow similiar

Input File: GO:0009437,GO:0006355,GO:0006351 GO:0009437 GO:0006777,GO:0032324 GO:0035433,GO:0015992,GO:0071422 GO:0009082,GO:0009097,GO:0006566 GO:0009082,GO:0006351 GO:0000160,GO:0045893,GO:0006351 GO:0006071,GO:0045892,GO:0006351 GO:0009244 GO:0009244 GO:0046417,GO:0009094,GO:0006571... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
12 Replies
saslfinger(1)						      General Commands Manual						     saslfinger(1)

NAME
saslfinger - A utility to collect SMTP AUTH relevant configuration for Postfix SYNOPSIS
saslfinger [-chs] DESCRIPTION
saslfinger is a utility to collect SMTP AUTH relevant configuration for Postfix. Depending on how you run it, it will search for informa- tion on server-side or client-side SMTP AUTH configuration settings in Postfix and Cyrus SASL. OPTIONS
-c If you run saslfinger with the option -c it will collect data required for client-side SMTP AUTH. Client-side SMTP AUTH is when Postfix smtp daemon uses SMTP AUTH to authenticate itself with a remote mail server that offers SMTP AUTH. saslfinger will try to telnet to all hosts listed in smtp_sasl_password_maps, if it may read smtp_sasl_password_maps The telnet test verifies your host is able to reach the remote servers and shows what AUTH mechanisms they offer - in some cases this is required to debug client-side SMTP AUTH. Important: By default smtp_sasl_password_maps must be read-only to root, since these maps contain the usernames and passwords to authenticate. If you run saslfinger as root access will be no problem, but saslfinger will fail if you lack the permissions to access smtp_sasl_password_maps. If you want to run the telnet test, but don't want to run saslfinger as root change permissions of smtp_sasl_password_maps so that the user running saslfinger may access smtp_sasl_password_maps while you debug. *note: You don't need to worry about saslfinger doing anything with the username or password stored next to the remote hosts in your smtp_sasl_password_maps; saslfinger completely ignores these informations! -h If you run saslfinger with the option -h it will print a little help message that tells you about the options you can use. -s If you run saslfinger with the option -s it will collect data required for server-side SMTP AUTH. Server-side SMTP AUTH is when Postfix smtpd daemon offers SMTP AUTH to mail clients. FILES
saslfinger - the script you need to run. saslfinger.1 - the man page you are currently reading. AUTHOR
Patrick Koetter, <patrick.koetter@state-of-mind.de>, http://www.state-of-mind.de You will find the newest version of saslfinger at http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/. BUGS
Please report bugs to <patrick.koetter@state-of-mind.de> Manuals User saslfinger(1)