Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Maximum Memory RAM for windows 7 32 bit Post 302880902 by nash83 on Tuesday 24th of December 2013 10:44:56 AM
Old 12-24-2013
Maximum Memory RAM for windows 7 32 bit

Hi,
i have just installed 4 gb RAM ddr3 on OS Windows 7 32 bit.
In "manage peripherals" i see this section:

Memory installed (ram) : 4,00 gb (2,30gb usable)

Why only 2,30 gb usable ?
In Windows 7 32bit the maximum size is not 3,00gb ?

see file attached, please

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Amount of RAM (Memory)

How do i check/get the total amount of RAM, on a machine running UNIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudimu
4 Replies

2. Solaris

MAximum ammount of memory

Wich is the maxumum ammount of memory supported by Solaris in the most recent version? And somebody knows if there is a document on SUN that support this? In advance thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
8 Replies

3. Linux

Built in ram limit for 64 bit

Hey all, I have been thinking about getting a new computer, and the motherboard I am looking at is capable of holding up to 8 Gb of ram. Now it appears as though for 32 bit linux, in order to use more than 4 Gb of ram, you had to enable a certain option in the kernel, but if I remember... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kermit
2 Replies

4. Solaris

RAM Physical Memory usage by each Process.

Hi All, I am trying to find the physical memory usage by each process/users. Can you please let me know how to get the memory usage?. Thanks, bsraj. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsrajirs
12 Replies

5. Solaris

RAM memory display

Hi How to display RAM memory info under Sol10 ? I need info like : - how many slots is available in MoBo - how RAM is plugged into those slots - total number of RAM memory size and size divided in each slot ths for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Ram memory fails.

Hi All, Ram memory always fails,i did not find the reason...........any one can help i this.:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Find defective ram memory

How do I find if I have defective ram in my computer. I don't have a cd-rom, so I can't use a bootable cd. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Query on RAM Memory

Hi Experts, I have a linux system , which triggers a alarm if RAM memory goes above 70%... When i see top command i cant find any process utilizing much of memory .. Can anyone tell me what could be the reason for high memory utilization.. Bellow is the free command o/p: free ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaliniyadav
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set maximum memory for user

Hi, I have as Solaris 10 (x86) system. I want to set the maximum memory for the user But the following comaand is valid only till next reboot.Pls let me know how to make it permanenent. prctl -n project.max-shm-memory -r -v 4G -i project 3 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
6 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
pilot-getram(1) 						    PILOT-LINK							   pilot-getram(1)

NAME
pilot-getram - Retrieves the RAM image from your Palm device for use in debugging. SECTION
pilot-link: Tools SYNOPSIS
pilot-getram [-p|--port <port>] [--version] [-q|--quiet] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-t|--token token] [-s|--sysinfo] [--ram] [--rom] [file- name] DESCRIPTION
pilot-getram is used to fetch the current RAM image from your Palm handheld for use in debugging. pilot-getromtoken, pilot-getrom and pilot-getram are inter-related. All relevant code is implemented in pilot-getrom, and you can do pilot-getromtoken --ram filename to get the RAM dump if you like. Note, because pilot-getrom uses the low-level RPC protocol to fetch the ROM image, and the new OS5 devices do not use this protocol, you currently cannot fetch an OS5 ROM image using this utility. This will be updated in a future release to handle fetching OS5 ROM images, using the debugger protocol. OPTIONS
pilot-getram options -t, --token token A ROM token to read (i.e. snum) -s, --sysinfo Print SysInfo --ram Read RAM --rom Read ROM <filename> Write the RAM image to the file named by <filename>. If this is omitted, the filename will be written out as the RAM version name as fol- lows: ' pilot-$VERSION.ram ', where an OS 3.5 image would be written as the filename of 'pilot-3.5.0.ram'. Conduit Options -p, --port <port> Use device file <port> to communicate with the Palm handheld. If this is not specified, pilot-getram will look for the $PILOTPORT environ- ment variable. If neither are found or supplied, pilot-getram will print the usage information. -q, --quiet Suppress 'Hit HotSync button' message -v, --version Display version of pilot-getram and exit without connecting. Help Options -h, --help Display the help synopsis for pilot-getram and exit without connecting. --usage Display a brief usage message and exit without connecting. USAGE
Connect to a target Palm handheld and fetch the RAM from the device. AUTHOR
pilot-getram was originally written by Kenneth Albanowski. This manual page was converted to XML by Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> REPORTING BUGS
We have an online bug tracker. Using this is the only way to ensure that your bugs are recorded and that we can track them until they are resolved or closed. Reporting bugs via email, while easy, is not very useful in terms of accountability. Please point your browser to http://bugs.pilot-link.org: http://bugs.pilot-link.org and report your bugs and issues there. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. SEE ALSO
pilot-getrom (1), pilot-link(7). 0.12.5 Copyright 1996-2007 FSF pilot-getram(1)