Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL selective replace
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SQL selective replace Post 302880607 by rsi.245 on Saturday 21st of December 2013 04:38:38 AM
Old 12-21-2013
thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find 5 lines and replace with 18 line in sql file where it contains multiple blocks.

My sql file xyz_abc.sql in this file there are multiple sql block in this block I need to find the following block rem Subset Rows (&&tempName.*) CREATE VIEW &&tempName.* AS SELECT * FROM &&tempName.* WHERE f is not null and replace with following code rem Subset Rows... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a var in sql file with shell script variable

I have a requirement where i have a sql file (filetext.sql). This file contains a variable ss_code. Now in a shell script im trying to replace the variable ss_code with a value contained in the shell script variable MTK_DC..tried the below in the script MTK_DC="mit,cit,bit" OUT=`awk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective Replacements: Using sed or awk to replace letters with numbers in a very specific way

Hello all. I am a beginner UNIX user who is using UNIX to work on a bioinformatics project for my university. I have a bit of a complicated issue in trying to use sed (or awk) to "find and replace" bases (letters) in a genetics data spreadsheet (converted to a text file, can be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mince
3 Replies

4. Programming

[Solved] SQL SELECT REPLACE

Hi All, I had a query related to sql select update replace command. i have a table named clusters and it looks like this name model characteristics sample1.1 +123 parent sample1.2 -456 clone sample1.3 +122 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonia102
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective replace

i have a large sequence of format sat_1_g3_g_0_8540 . A 1 15501 . . . ID=sat_1_g3_g_0_8540;parentName=sat_1_g3_g_0_8540;Al=sat_1_g2_g_0_8540; sat_1_g3_g_2_8510 . C 1 25501 . . . ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective delete in SQL

Hi All This might be a weird query but its related to deleting specific details in database. Bascially I had built a database using a set of files seq1 of 300 mb seq2 of 200 mb seq3 of 350 mb seq4 of 300 mb and after building the database i realized that i didn't need the whole data.... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective Replace awk column values

Hi, I have the following data: 2860377|"DATA1"|"DATA2"|"65343"|"DATA2"|"DATA4"|"11"|"DATA5"|"DATA6"|"65343"|"DATA7"|"0"|"8"|"1"|"NEGATIVE" 32340377|"DATA1"|"DATA2"|"65343"|"DATA2"|"DATA4"|"11"|"DATA5"|"DATA6"|"65343"|"DATA7"|"0"|"8"|"1"|"NEG-DID"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
3 Replies

8. Programming

Sql select replace

Hi All, I had a query related to sql select replace command. i have a table named clusters and it looks like this Code: name characteristics sample 1.1 parent sample 1.2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective replace and delete

Hi My input file looks like this: >BAHMI01000090.1 Details of the shopping list 9800 item00090, whole set of listed artifacts and objects >BAHMI01050012.1 Details of the shopping list 9800 item02310, whole set of listed artifacts and objects >BAHMI01070078.1 Details of the shopping list ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace sql with dynamic values

Hi Guys, I am using a function to replace the values dynamically to frame sql query by reading a file. My file will have column names like file.txt col_1 col_2 expected output: select id,col_1,col_2 from ( select a.id, a.col_1, rank() over (ORDER BY cast(a.col_1 AS double)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
5 Replies
wstring(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       wstring(3C)

NAME
wstring, wscasecmp, wsncasecmp, wsdup, wscol - Process Code string operations SYNOPSIS
#include <widec.h> int wscasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2); int wsncasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2, int n); wchar_t *wsdup(const wchar_t *s); int wscol(const wchar_t *s); DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on Process Code strings terminated by wchar_t null characters. During appending or copying, these routines do not check for an overflow condition of the receiving string. In the following, s, s1, and s2 point to Process Code strings terminated by a wchar_t null. wscasecmp(), wsncasecmp() The wscasecmp() function compares its arguments, ignoring case, and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, depending upon whether s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. It makes the same comparison but compares at most n Process Code characters. The four Extended Unix Code (EUC) codesets are ordered from lowest to highest as 0, 2, 3, 1 when characters from different codesets are compared. wsdup() The wsdup() function returns a pointer to a new Process Code string, which is a duplicate of the string pointed to by s. The space for the new string is obtained using malloc(3C). If the new string cannot be created, a null pointer is returned. wscol() The wscol() function returns the screen display width (in columns) of the Process Code string s. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
malloc(3C), string(3C), wcstring(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 29 Dec 1996 wstring(3C)